This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thetford Forest
I'm off to centreparcs with the family next week, so plan to do some riding in Thetford Forest.
Anyone been?  What's it like?
Flat!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Flat!

should be ok the hardtail then!
Flat and fast in the dry... Wet & soupy in the wet
In this weather think riding across a slightly muddy beach, just below the waterline, but with more trees.

Lovely riding in the right conditions.
In these conditions OK, but tougher than you'd think, as your brain (& Treacle) says it's flat.
Having said that well worth a visit.
I found it really good fun when I went there, I went in the light rain in May last year and there were some deep puddles then. But it wasn't a slog or super slipperly which was nice.  Might need a snorkell.
cheers, you never know next week might be a bit drier than this one!
As other have said its a great place to ride, they have done a fab job considering its soooooo flat there, really flows nicely but it's one of those places you have to put the effort in to get the best out of it, I was more knackered from riding two laps of this than doing a couple of trails at say afan as your pedaling your heart out all the way. So much fun though, and yes it will be super muddy but I know your a tuff boy and happy it play in the cold mud ;D
"Tom A" Wrote:I found it really good fun when I went there, I went in the light rain in May last year and there were some deep puddles then. But it wasn't a slog or super slipperly which was nice.  Might need a snorkell.

I've ridden there all night in October in heavy rain - might need a tractor.
Search for the Dusk to Dawn thread on here, probably 2011 race.

When people hear "flat" they tend to think no ups.
But equally there's no downs, so as skid said you pedal hard constantly.
"Tinc" Wrote:I've ridden there all night in October in heavy rain - might need a tractor.
Search for the Dusk to Dawn thread on here, probably 2011 race.

When people hear "flat" they tend to think no ups.
But equally there's no downs, so as skid said you pedal hard constantly.

Several times  Big Grin Big Grin