This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTC Phone HELP !!!
I picked up a new phone last night, an HTC One & what I need it to do is mimic my Outlook email. What its actually does is grab the incoming mail & downloads it onto the phone & then my PC doesn't get it & vice versa, if my phone is turned off the email down loads to my PC then the phone doesn't get it.

The phone contract is with Vodafone
My email is a Virginmedia blueyonder account

Help would be very much appreciated  ;D
Are you using the outlook app?
Which Outlook are you using, Outlook or Outlook Express?

In the account settings there is a 'Leave messages on server' check box. This will allow other devices to sync the mailbox as well. If you let me know which version I can give you instructions.

I suspect there will be a similar option on your HTC, but as an iPhone user, I cant do much more than Google it!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"BennyP" Wrote:Are you using the outlook app?

Just the standard Mail App you get with the phone
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Which Outlook are you using, Outlook or Outlook Express?

In the account settings there is a 'Leave messages on server' check box. This will allow other devices to sync the mailbox as well. If you let me know which version I can give you instructions.

I suspect there will be a similar option on your HTC, but as an iPhone user, I cant do much more than Google it!

Microsoft Outlook 2007.

Blueyonder mail is Google web based so luckily when I log onto my account on the web they still stay on the webmail site (in case this is relevant)
This should do the job from the Outlook perspective

Tools
Account Settings
Choose your account and hit change
On the bottom right you'll see "more settings" click that
Go to the Advanced tab and you'll see
Leave a copy of messages on the server
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Are you using POP3 or IMAP?  IMAP will automatically leave a copy on the server, and is better for syncing between devices.  If you are using POP3, you should be able to switch.
Ah ignore me - Outlook is the new Hotmail service thing I think. I now realise you mean your Outlook as in on your computer...?  Undecided
"treaclesponge" Wrote:This should do the job from the Outlook perspective

Tools
Account Settings
Choose your account and hit change
On the bottom right you'll see "more settings" click that
Go to the Advanced tab and you'll see
Leave a copy of messages on the server

Thanks mate, I'll have a check later, apparantly I should be doing some work  Big Grin Big Grin
"Yankee" Wrote:Are you using POP3 or IMAP?  IMAP will automatically leave a copy on the server, and is better for syncing between devices.  If you are using POP3, you should be able to switch.

POP3... sounds complicated changing to IMAP when you have my technical ability to understand the insides of a computer software  Big Grin