This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laufforks
Hello,

I am about to test a newly designed fork.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.laufforks.com/">http://www.laufforks.com/</a><!-- m -->
resim

Anybody who has already tested / mounted it?

Harre
I remember reading about them, bit odd, light but surely they twist a bit also there is no damping other than the native damping from the leaf springs
I predict - awful
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Looks like a stupid idea, the flex will be epic! Let us know what they are like.
Maybe I'm getting all confused, but I've had a really hard think and reckon there'll be less twist to these than feared. I could go into epic and pretty much unfounded detail, but I think they'll be alright for their intended purpose (sucking up xc chatter), require minimal service and be cheap to produce. Whether they prove to be cheap to buy is a different matter. Is it a Danish design? Belgian?

Report back soon
Keep it foolish...
Produced in Iceland - 1200 euro! About 950 pound...
Can't see any brake mounts but presumably would be disc specific... is this designed for MTB use? looks like it could be quite effective on a hybrid type bike where its intended purpose is just to smooth out road/towpath type noise... Not sure I'd trust it bounding downhill off road... Can't be tuned or locked out either, are there different springs for different rider weights? Either way, the fact that the only thing holding the two moving parts together is the wheel itself would surely lead to a lot of side to side flex? What's the travel? On the plus side, would require no servicing!
&quot;alkali&quot; Wrote:Maybe I'm getting all confused, but I've had a really hard think and reckon there'll be less twist to these than feared. I could go into epic and pretty much unfounded detail, but I think they'll be alright for their intended purpose (sucking up xc chatter), require minimal service and be cheap to produce. Whether they prove to be cheap to buy is a different matter. Is it a Danish design? Belgian?

Report back soon

I suspect useless for this too, as soon as you get out the saddle they will be bobbing all over the place, no way of locking out, no way of adjusting 'pressure' without changing the springs, no rebound damping. There is a reason that leaf springs dont get used on things anymore, they are a very rudimentary, unadjustable solution. £950 is daylight robbery, £400 more than a set of SID XX WC...
Interesting.....
I think they'll be good at what they're for.

I can't see why the design will allow excessive flex in any direction.  Why would it be more than a rigid carbon fork?

Lateral flex will be negated by the 15mm axle, the carbon plates & the arched crown - apparent excessive lateral flex is almost always the wheel anyway.
Torsional flex (twist) should be less than tele's as they a single piece fork leg with a tapered steerer.
Fore/aft flex will be taken care of by the axle/steerer combo & massively helped by the crank in the legs.  This crank & the positioning of the carbon plates transfers most of the fore/aft force to the crown area, which looks stronger than most carbon forks.

There is no damping as such, but with progressive compression, therefore progressive extension, & only 60mm travel I don't think that will be an issue either.

To make a commute more comfy or to make a HT lighter I think these are a great looking possibility.
&quot;Tinc&quot; Wrote:To make a commute more comfy or to make a HT lighter I think these are a great looking possibility.

Would have to be a very very nice commuter to justify the cost