This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helmets
So what type of helmet do you all wear?
Full Face - BMX style - Normal
Full face-ers are far too hot for XC but I would wear one if I was going somewhere purely for DH, jumping/freeride and Northshore.

Practically all of us here wear normal piss pot lids.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
i wear a xc p*ss pot for XCing and a normal p*ss pot for the odd occasion i go out on the jumps

as jon said a full face is going to be far to hot unless you got something like the met parachute, still overkill for XC reallly
This one is well worth a look.  Very happy with mine and i know a lot of other members wear the same
I,ve just bought the mtb 747 limar from downlands cycles best fitting helmet for my round head i have found so far.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.limar.com/">http://www.limar.com/</a><!-- m -->
I have a very odd shaped head probably due to my immense brain (lol). My XC lid is ok, my super mario mushroom p1ss pot is also kinda ok but I tried to find a full face before and tried tons of different ones and none were good enough. They would all lift up easily if I pushed up on the chin. The one I use in my car is a bit like that but not such an issue in there although I had to hold it down round the Ring in my friends windscreen less 350bhp V8 Westfield...
&quot;pittgoat&quot; Wrote:This one is well worth a look.  Very happy with mine and i know a lot of other members wear the same

+1 for the Giro Hex - such a good helmet for such little cash, quite possibly saved me from head injuries in a crash last week too.

Depends on what type of riding you do too, but remember its not a fashion show, they are a critical item to have if ever riding anything sketchy.
You need to go to a shop with a wide range and try them on...

The Giro Hex and Giro Xen are great helmets with extra coverage at the back

I wear Met Kaos as the Giro just doesn't sit comfortbly on my head and i find the Met is very comfortable...

Try before you buy
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
The Met Kaos is good, my mate Andy has one - not cheap, and you must try it on as he had issues with it sitting to high on his head.

He has the grey camo one which looks sweet.

Oh, and dont buy one from JE James Cycles as he had no end of trouble with them.
Mine is some Met thing, its massive and looks stupid but then it takes attention away from my face and protects my head a bit so thats a good thing  Big Grin