This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Specialized Hardrock sport 2009
Hi could someone tell me if this is a good spec for the money.
Id be very grateful
Thanks
Connor
"cruiser1000" Wrote:Hi could someone tell me if this is a good spec for the money.
Id be very grateful
Thanks
Connor

Hi, I've currently got a Spex Hardock SPort Disc 2005 and its been bomb proof. However it depends on what type of riding you expect to do, for dh it wont be any good. For light xc, and tow path use it will be a good bike. however for the same money you might be best looking in the sales and getting a 2008 bike as many 2009 bikes have been down specced to keep the prices low!!
Have a look at Fury's at Halfords (yes, I really did say Halfords :o)

A few of us have got Fury's of different ages, and they have a damn fine spec for the £, and they simply refuse to die.

Oh, and +1 to the advice ^^^^   Buying '08 wil be cheaper 99% of the time.
My mate has an 07 Hardrock.  He rides it a lot at Surrey, and he took it to Coed Y Brenin last year with me saying "That'll break" it didnt.

He took it to Afan this year and I said "I bet it breaks this year" it didnt.  Not so much as a puncture or broken spoke or a buckled wheel.  The chain did come off a lot but I think that's just him, he rode my bike for 200m and the chain came off, it never came off all weekend when I was riding, I think he has magnetic ankles.

My impression is that it's a bloody solid peice of machinery, but as others have said, if your budget is tight, look at an older bike, you'll get better value.
If it were me I'd go for a 2008 bike as previously said. Even doing that I'd look for a better frame with lower spec components then upgrade when you can afford to. Just be careful if you your looking at a bike within your price bracket which is well specced it could be the sign of a cheap frame. At the end of the day, the bike companies are there to make money & I would think they all make around the same amount on a bike in your price bracket.. They have to make the savings & if its not on lower spec components that only leaves the frame.. If it were me I'd go for the spesh & try to do a deal on a fork upgrade.
Nice bike but for the money could get more on an older model or perhaps a different make, im sure its possible to get one with 100mm travel forks and 27 speed for example
nice looking bike, the fork is a bit shonky but is standard on all at that price, my mate has a 2008 hardrock and it's put up with his abuse for a year or so with no worries, even tho he smashed the front wheel up crashing about 5 months ago it remains unreplaced and totally useable.
Keep it foolish...
I would definitely look for an 08 model with disc brakes.  Had to ride a bike with V brakes a couple of months ago and it was bloody scary :o