This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joys of Commuting
I experience various hazards on my hugely enjoyable commute - and they always seem to be in multiples specifically for that particular ride....

Last month I had a bunny day - most unnerving when hurtling down hills at speed

Last week I had a 4x4 day where they all *just* missed me - but only just

Earlier this week it was squirrels on a mission

Friday I had a day of car doors thrust open - making me swerve a few times

Tuesday it was pedestrians in the road - walking out without looking

Today I seemed to connect with several low branches - legs & torso

Anyone else having similar dodgy experiences.... Undecided
Just the farters on the train!
Yeah - I'm repeatedly being hammered by wind and rain. Every. Bloody. Day.

#squintyhurtyeyes
Nearly stacked it on the corner outside Costa the other day. Saved it though.

My brogues suck up water like a sponge.

People generally tend to move in my way when they see me.

Sometimes I get distracted by nice bums.

I don't always make it past the Bell and Crown.
I hate it when the temperature is too high, for example this morning I had to nudge the heater down from 19 to 18.5 as I was drying up.

The one spot on my drive in where there is bad radio reception, always playing a good song at this point.

Road spray, even had to turn my wiper on intermittent at one point this morning as the bus was kicking up so much. Will probably have to use the washer when I leave as well as it will have all dried on the screen

And finally, this morning I had to park near a puddle due to limited available spaces so had to contort myself to step over it as I got out of the car to avoid getting wet feet. Just about managed it but it was touch and go.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
I drove to work today instead of taking the train, I had to park out of the town to avoid paying and then had to walk into work in the rain. My socks got wet. It was a nightmare.
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:I drove to work today instead of taking the train, I had to park out of the town to avoid paying and then had to walk into work in the rain. My socks got wet. It was a nightmare.

Oh the humanity, take the rest of the day off to recover
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
On one Friday night a drunk girl nearly beat me up the hill demanding a backie.
Today's multiples: submerged potholes in the hugest deepest puddles.  Caught rather too many for my liking.... ??)
resim

Perfect conditions (love the sections through the woods) & even had the BEST company on way back too; shame my Garmin seems to have lost it all today Sad