This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obstacle Races in lots of Mud
Has anyone thought about these before?

beatthebog.co.uk/events/

It's local, so I'm tempted as a first go and I'm being coerced by a work colleague.....
Oooo I'm sooooo tempted. Looks great fun
I have the same issue with this as I have with most races/events...  the price.

£40 for this or £50 for a sprint triathalon...  just sooo much for an hour or so.

Makes the Enduro races look good value.

That said I do fancy it.
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Yeah, I have to say, the cost gets me a little too. Others seem to be a bit further afield incurring other costs anyway, so as a trial thought it maybe worth giving it a go, just to see what they're like.
I'm doing one part of the Major Series in Tunbridge Wells at the end of March. I've not done anything like it before so will see how I fair!
&quot;Neil&quot; Wrote:I'm doing one part of the Major Series in Tunbridge Wells at the end of March. I've not done anything like it before so will see how I fair!

A review would be good :-) I'm trying to find motivation to improve my overall fitness.  I've been off road running (just getting into a routine) and need motivation to get back to circuit training!
Aren't they just the latest fashionable thing for pub lads to do as triathlons were a bit too hard?  Priced to suit the market
Anyone who can afford/justify £40 to effectively run round a wood for an hour probably is the sort who can afford to go out drinking at £3 a pint I guess.
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Anyone who can afford/justify £40 to effectively run round a wood for an hour probably is the sort who can afford to go out drinking at £3 a pint I guess.

Where can I drink for £3 a pint?  I pay well over 4 after work in London.
I used to get paid for doing stuff like this, so I am not going to pay to do it.