This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bredhurst
Evening all

Currently looking for new areas to ride within my local area. We quite often ride along from Bluebell Hill to Detling. I was thinking about branching off to the left just past the top of Boxley Hill and heading up to Monkdown Wood,  Bredhurst.

As this would be part of a looped ride, we won't be venturing away from established trails. My question is though, does anyone ride the area, and is it ok, or are we likely to be sent packing by the locals. I recall reading about problems with fly-tipping and mx bikes at one stage. I notice there is a public bridleway and a byway, so presumably these are ok to ride.

Any thoughts / advice welcome.

Thanks
Its all good over there at the moment. A few trees down which get in the way but also not to boggy on the main track thro. Deviate off the beaten path though & its as muddy as anywhere
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Its all good over there at the moment. A few trees down which get in the way but also not to boggy on the main track thro. Deviate off the beaten path though & its as muddy as anywhere

If not muddier!  I remember going for a little bit of off piste riding having a bit of an explore and the mud was horrific!  There is one segment on strava to avoid called hobgoblin!  I actually had to get off and walk as the mud stopped the walls moving!  As with lagging the main track is fine and there is a little descent off from that with a climb up a grass bank also!  It should link up well for you!
Thanks for the replies. We'll be heading up there tonight, then.

Cheers, Phil