This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat seeking dog!
Had a bizzarre coming together with a collie yesterday through Moat Park in Maidstone.
Saw a dog owner with said dog, she starts shouting at the dog, it was on an intercept course with me, bloody ell it was quick. It made no sound, no barking or growling it was like a cheetah in full attack mode ***WHAM*** it hit the side of the bike and didn't touch me at all, I was waiting for it to start chewing my leg but I ran over the dog with the back wheel. I stopped because my bike was making all sorts of noises where the crud catcher had been twisted and was now rubbing on the back tyre. Chain was well mangled and wouldn't turn. There was a big clump of fur wedged behind one of the cable stays. I looked around, no dog. The owner was shouting to make sure I was ok and she came over to me. I was fine but I was more concerned about my bike and gave it a good look over to make sure nothing was bent.
She was apologising constantly making sure that me and bike were ok. I didn't get irrate just dealt with it, told her to be more careful in the park as others probably wont be as kind as me.
How very odd, not had that before, had plenty trying to chew!
How bizarre, so why was the dogy running anyway as presumably it wasnt at you, you were just in the way as it carried on going?

Dogs are weird, most seem to just wander past and dont even look at you but then the odd one will have a go at your legs with no warning! I met a dog walker on the singletrack at Bedgebury before (.....) and the thing was going mad and trying to eat me and she couldnt control it.

Two things spring to mind

1. Why was she walking it on there anyway. Yes I ride on footpaths but I stop to let people past and my bike certainly doesnt attack people by itself!

2. Why do you have a dog if you cant control it?
When I spoke with the owner, she said her dog is always chasing bikes or cars, if I was staitionary it would have been fine. When we were talking her dog was right by her side calm as anything, I even stroked it.
I hate it when a dog chases you with gnashers going and growling at you trying to bite a lump, and all the owner does is laugh. One of these owners is going to catch me in a mood one day and I am going to stop wipe that stupid grin away!
our dog can be like that, anything stationary and he's fine but moving things he just wants to play, he's like it with other dogs, horses and scarily buses  :o, he has calmed down a bit though after he was running along and a walker decided to take a lunge at him >Sad he was running back past the walker to where i was standing, i wasent to happy and the walker got the badside of my rath  >Sad
Had it a few times along the beach, dog will be fine until you are within crashing distance and then they sudently change direction.

Unfortunatly, most owners along there are tw*ts.  Im a dog owner and worry about the dog with other people around (not that its dangerous, an 11yr old Lab) but I dont want her getting run over.

Had one bloke recently with a terrier on a huge extension lead spanning the width of the pathway, about to cut me in half - bloody idiot. I gave him a sever "tut" as I went past quickly...  Tongue
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Had it a few times along the beach, dog will be fine until you are within crashing distance and then they sudently change direction.

Unfortunatly, most owners along there are tw*ts.  Im a dog owner and worry about the dog with other people around (not that its dangerous, an 11yr old Lab) but I dont want her getting run over.

Had one bloke recently with a terrier on a huge extension lead spanning the width of the pathway, about to cut me in half - bloody idiot. I gave him a sever "tut" as I went past quickly...  Tongue

what kind of lab have you got then ben ?
Black Lab rescue dog - apparently she's had 3 homes before we took her as she was so "nasty" - the dog would lick you death, probably the owners where f*ckers to her to be honest.  >Sad

resim
Killer Dog : Stand Back
our lab would lick you to death and then more, we had him since a puppy though, was was considering a rescue dog but most of them insisted on no children

anyhow we've got a chocolate lab, and my mum decided to call him oreo :

resim
Our next dog will be a short haired chocolate lab - male - will probably name him after some kind of chocolate bar no doubt.

Had 2 black female labs in the family now, and both suffer from several problems relating to their wombs etc (womens problems huh!)

Just think a male dog wouldnt have these problems (obviously) - and save on upset and massive vets bills.

Reall dog lovers in our family, to a serious extent, just hate seeing animals suffering.

Sallys first 3 homes all had children and they always want to play, no doubt a child and the dog have gone for the same ball or toy and the kid come of worst - theres no way our dog would ever do that - when we got her, it seemed that she'd had a good kicking too.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Our next dog will be a short haired chocolate lab - male - will probably name him after some kind of chocolate bar no doubt.

Had 2 black female labs in the family now, and both suffer from several problems relating to their wombs etc (womens problems huh!)

Just think a male dog wouldnt have these problems (obviously) - and save on upset and massive vets bills.

Reall dog lovers in our family, to a serious extent, just hate seeing animals suffering.

Sallys first 3 homes all had children and they always want to play, no doubt a child and the dog have gone for the same ball or toy and the kid come of worst - theres no way our dog would ever do that - when we got her, it seemed that she'd had a good kicking too.
i dont get how people can be so cruel to animals, especailly dogs >Sad, my family to is a great dog loving family had dogs in the family for ages now and ive never grown up without one  Undecided

think my mum wants to get another lab soon, a black one to keep oreo company,

[mushy]sorry to hear about the problems your dogs have had ben, its a sad time when you lose a dog as they can be and are so much more then just a pet, we almost lost oreo a few months back when he decided he was going to try some of my mums medication , had to have his stomach pumped and that was a very destressful site  Sad [/mushy]