This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birds in roof!
No, not thoes birds, the flying kind that make loads of noise when i'm trying to sleep as they seem to be nesting in the eves right above my bedroom >Sad Can anyone reccomend someone that could vamous the annoying little buggers (i'm trying not to swear, they have been driving me nuts since 6am ish!) and plug up the hole? I'm not comfortable going up ladders that high, otherwise i would sort it myself.
We have exactly this problem. However we have decided that we would rather Mr and Mrs Blackbird bring up their family in safety rather than in reach of the local (bastard) cat. They also provide us with some nice songs when we sit in the garden and enjoy the bacon find we leave out so it's a mutual agreement!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:We have exactly this problem. However we have decided that we would rather Mr and Mrs Blackbird bring up their family in safety rather than in reach of the local (bastard) cat. They also provide us with some nice songs when we sit in the garden and enjoy the bacon find we leave out so it's a mutual agreement!

My thoughts to, thought you were an animal lover :Smile look on the bright side to it a great alam clock for getting out and on your bike  ;D
Other side is there probably in the attic so going up a ladder shouldn't be needed. Leave it till their finished nesting and get someone to a wire grid under the eves to stop birdies coming in. Don't block it, it needed a flow of air.  
Yes i am an animal lover, but it seems i have much less tollerance for animals with claws that scratch and peck around squarking at ridiculous o'clock on a Saturday morning. And they made the cat go MENTAL, which is surprising as you can't see them. After the rage at being woken by said racket i remembered that they are babies, and that perhaps they wouldn't be too happy with my initial idea of drowning them with the hose, and perhaps i can wait till they have flown the nest before blocking it up. They have got in via a loose pannel on the end of the eves though, i can see it from the side of the house, so a tall scary ladder is definitely required to reach it, so still need the assistance of someone with bigger balls.
Leave the birds, throw the cat out, it will find a new home, drowning the babies would be a criminal offence. If you maintained your house there would be mesh over the vent gaps etc
"Treehugger" Wrote:my initial idea of drowning them with the hose

"Treehugger" Wrote:a tall scary ladder is definitely required to reach it, so still need the assistance of someone with bigger balls.

Such a prime example of a man  ??)

Just enjoy some nature rather than trying to kill it. I imagine you snore and keep them awake at night but I highly doubt they are plotting your death
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Oh lol, i was joking, i would never do that! And they didn't get in via the vent gaps, a pannel has come loose, possibly assisted by the birds. I'm not good up ladders, many people are similarly afflicted Tongue
Put Treacle's local cat in your loft & watch nature unfold :o
Seems to be a win/win Undecided

Failing that - leave them alone for this spring, they'll only be there a few weeks.
Once they've moved out, clear up the mess, remove the nest & fix the hole they got in through.

As you will need to use the loft ladder this will also give you time to grow a pair :K)

Actually, if you contemplated drowning them with a hose in the attic above your bedroom, perhaps you should forgot the whole ladder thing eh? :Smile
"Tinc" Wrote:Put Treacle's local cat in your loft & watch nature unfold :o
Seems to be a win/win Undecided

Failing that - leave them alone for this spring, they'll only be there a few weeks.
Once they've moved out, clear up the mess, remove the nest & fix the hole they got in through.

As you will need to use the loft ladder this will also give you time to grow a pair :K)

Actually, if you contemplated drowning them with a hose in the attic above your bedroom, perhaps you should forgot the whole ladder thing eh? :Smile
No i didn't contemplate drowning them, it was a flippent joke. I've been watching Animal Cops on TV for the last 2 hours and have Bondai Vet on series link, everyone that knows me knows i like animals and would never do such a thing, and i'm dissapointed that you guys think i would. Surely it was obviouse from the way i typed it that i was joking? Meh, i give up. One of the neigbours will brobably help anyway so will ask when the babies stop ruining my lie inns.
Try these

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />