This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kings wood Thursday 27th march 7pm
People have been using the word dusty lately which is great, but Iv yet to find any. Although saying this kings is running really nicely   ;D no mud plugging in sight.
Meet in the main car park on whites hill to be ready to ride at 7pm.  
Should be getting my Wales shit together, but it's been too long so hope to be along for the dust......... 8)
Yep Smile
What kind of routes do you guys do up at Kings Wood? Are there some sensible routes up there for someone just finding their feet?
"JohnnyK" Wrote:What kind of routes do you guys do up at Kings Wood? Are there some sensible routes up there for someone just finding their feet?

Hello Jonny.
We ride the route in I bit under 2 hours and it's up to 25k at the most. It's mainly single track with a small amount of fire road, but we just stick to the wood. There is no scary hard core bits and anything that would make your wheels leave the ground for we warn in advance. New faces are always welcome and the pace isn't mega fast we slow for the slowest rider but try not to stop/start and chat the whole ride.
So in a nut shell if your happy riding off road for 20ish k with out having to stop, then it's a good one to come out on.
Good off road lights and a helmit are a must though.
Cheers for the info Skid, if I manage to pluck up the courage to come I will let you guys know. I have a fairly illuminating light and a helmet so I am good there.
Hi guys, I'm up for this. Bit like johnnyk finding my feet and fitness is not perfect, done kingswood half a dozen times and never night ridden......should be fun!

Can any of you recommend some good lights, I'm at cyclesuk day before so will pick up some from there.

Thanks
Wes
I'll be there, be good to see some new faces too.  
"wesleyjones" Wrote:Hi guys, I'm up for this. Bit like johnnyk finding my feet and fitness is not perfect, done kingswood half a dozen times and never night ridden......should be fun!

Can any of you recommend some good lights, I'm at cyclesuk day before so will pick up some from there.

Thanks
Wes

Hello Wes, as said everyone welcome to join the rides posted. As for lights there a lot out there to chose from. but for off road night riding a main light of at least 1000 lumen my opinion is need. a lot of people run one on the bars and one on the helmet. brands names id recommend are exposure and hope, but their not cheep. the Chinese  are selling(through ebay) some very good lights that are very cheep and very bright, down side is the wait for delivery and not as reliable, also run time is a little less maybe. but for the price you can but a few of these to one of the brands i mentioned.
Not sure if ukcycles stock what you you'll need? a looked at their web site and looks like its mainly lights to make you seen not to see that well with.
i will have a spare bar mounted light this week if anyone wants a loan of alight, as mrs skids at work.
I am going to bring my Exposure Diablo that I use on my commute but take on board what you say regarding having one bar mounted and one on the bonce. I will see if I can come up with something acceptable in addition to what I have.