This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you want to race
hello im british cycling do you want to race ...... you do well good come this way ...... hold up are those camera mounts on your helmet, bike and your wearing a chest mount ..... well im sorry sunshine you need to remove them to race.

thats right britsh cycling are back to mess us all up just read the latest rule on pinkbike about there revised rules on cameras at racing events here its is

British Cycling released the following statement:

Helmet / Action Cameras

- Helmet cameras are only permitted during practice or designated training sessions. They are not permitted in competition (including qualifying or final runs for DH & 4X).

- The riders are solely responsible for securing the fixation of the camera in order to avoid any danger or distraction.

- Metal or permanent fixtures to attach the cameras are not allowed. Tape, velcro or ties are allowed to secure the device, which must be removed for competition (including qualifying and finals for DH & 4X).

- Chest mounted cameras and bike mounted cameras are not permitted. Any mounts attached to the bike have to be removed prior to event.

- British Cycling, the event organiser and all appointed commissaires have the right to refuse a rider entry to the course if the rules are not adhered to.

- Please note: the use of helmet cameras during competition remains prohibited as in previous years.

take this as you will, but i for one am not happy and obviously going to have to buy a new dh lid and maybe enduro lid as there is no other way to attach my go pro to my helmet other than the go pro mounts and those of you who own urge will agree with me on that.

i hate you bristh cycling.
In the interest of balance, this was already in the regulations but 'glossed over' in the interests of the sport but since some riders are now using footage to sue British Cycling then they have no choice to enforce this with a blanket ban. The usual story of a minority ruining it for the majority.

I still think that British Cycling are doing an excellent job with what is still a minority sport and investing in excellent young rider programs and venues.

EDIT
Here is the offical statement from British Cycling.

British Cycling has today confirmed that it will allow helmet cameras to be used by riders during practice at downhill mountain biking and four cross events.
After consultation with riders, organisers and sponsors of the sport, the national governing body for cycling today said that it needs to better understand the impact and implications of the use of cameras for all parties involved in the sport before any changes are made on the enforcement of these rules.

Speaking about the decision, cyclesport and membership director Jonny Clay said: “Although the rule prohibiting the use of cameras has been in existence for a number of years, the decision to enforce it and the communication of this to participants, sponsors and volunteers came too close to the start of the season and we apologise for that.

“However, challenges remain for the sport as a whole with regard to safety and we’ll continue to work with riders, organisers and the industry to deliver the sport in a way the benefits all�

Speaking after taking part in a forum to discuss the use of cameras with British Cycling yesterday, Will Longden (manager of the Madison Saracen team) said: “It was good to talk through the issue with British Cycling and have the opportunity to discuss things form the point of view of riders and sponsors. It’s clear that what we all agree on is the need to find workable solutions for the whole sport and we’ll look forward to playing our part in making that happen�

Following today’s announcement, British Cycling will now take some time to work with stakeholders across the sport to decide on the most appropriate way to regulate the safe use of cameras. The use of helmet cameras during competition remains prohibited as in previous years.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Why is a go pro mount a problem? It's mounted by tape? Mine is anyway
Keep it foolish...
"alpinerider26" Wrote:- Metal or permanent fixtures to attach the cameras are not allowed. Tape, velcro or ties are allowed to secure the device, which must be removed for competition (including qualifying and finals for DH & 4X)..

Aha, you're interpreting it differently to me,

I read that as 'the device, which must be removed for competition'

You're reading it as 'tape / velco / ties (are allowed to secure the device) which must be removed for competition'

Leave your little black plastic slidey go pro mount on your lid, just don't attach the go pro itself.
Keep it foolish...
Firstly helmet mounting is just incorrect and wrong but I guess also has potential issues in a crash if compressed into the helmet. Can't see the issue with chest mount. Can only presume it's health and safety politics and/or being sued like idiots who crash at FC places then try and sue them or its for commercial reasons and they want to sell their own videos
Didn't they attribute Schumachers injuries to wearing some sort of helmet cam. Perhaps this could be the knock effect
"SMG13" Wrote:Didn't they attribute Schumachers injuries to wearing some sort of helmet cam. Perhaps this could be the knock effect

No, they were able to prove that the helmet mount didn't contribute to his injuries. Doesn't sound like there is gonna be a happy ending for Michael according to Sid Watkins succsessor Sad
Oh and i think the helmet cam ban is for commersial reasons and to stop people sueing BC. At least they can still film during practice.
I heard this is all driven by a terrible accident when two pro riders ended up on the same DH run at the same time.
It was Kyle Straight's start time & someone asked "who's up?"

At which point some Go Pro geek in the back ground yelled "cam sync dude!"..........

Leaving now.......
LOL
Very lol I like
Keep it foolish...