This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling how
fine people of sketchy i need your help, im looking at selling the alpine yes its with great sadness that i write these words but it come to that time, i know i can sell her on pinkbike and other places like that but im looking for to sell to a shop who then sell it on or something like that, does anyone know of any ??
Why would you do that Marcus? You will get more for it selling direct....
"DaisyDaring" Wrote:Why would you do that Marcus? You will get more for it selling direct....

Agreed. A shop would only transact if they had a decent margin - you'd be losing out on a fair bit of money

Most decent bikes seem to sell for more when split up
hmm that is a point im just trying to save the hassle or just palm it off on someone else may just be lazyness on my part
Singletrackworld IMHO
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Singletrackworld IMHO

have you sold things on there before ??
I have, two bikes in fact, around August/Sept of last year
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"alpinerider26" Wrote:have you sold things on there before ??

Yep and bought lots of stuff too with no issues
STW FTW ;D

I've made loads of purchases & sales on STW, bike related & seriously OT.
Never had a sinlge issue, but have made several really good riding contacts & met up with some really nice people.
I've used STW a couple of times, no probs. both times it was for a big purchase, once a new bike for GF, once my current FS frame, both were  described and the sellers were decent guys. I'd avoid pimkbike but only because there's loads of kids on it and you'll be offered a play station as a swap. Which is great if you want a play station. I use pimkbike for the videos / news stuff but not for the classifieds.
Keep it foolish...