This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TF Tuned Heavy Duty Bushings.
Well just had to replace my lower rear shock bushing on my meta after 10months of heavy use, i had a fair bit of play in the rear linkages and the bushing pretty much fell to bits when i took it off.

Tf tuned make a Heavy Duty replacement bushing that they claim lasts up to 60% longer than the standard jobbies. They do all different sizes to cater for different shocks and shock mounts.

Heres some pics

Old Bushing
resim

TF Tuned heavy duty Bushing
resim

Next to each other
resim

New bushing pressed into place (i used a vice and clever use of different sized sockets to press them in and out)
resim

Job done
resim

Tfs pic
resim

For those that dont know this is what the standard ones look like
resim

Also serviced the air sleeve seals while i was at it.
resim

Heavy duty bushing kit is £13
It baffles me why all companies dont use proper spherical rose joint bushes like the old Magura Hugin did on my Turner. I know you shouldnt be getting much flex in a frame but all will move a bit and having rose jointed ones takes so much stress off the shock but then they do cost more and shocks are expensive enough as it is. OT interesting article in MBR where they followed up their review and actually put them on a proper test bench showing all the spring curves etc.
£13 is a bargain!  The new bushings for the Trance were £20 plus i had to pay £10 to get them fitted as i couldn't get them out no matter how hard i tried.  Nice photo guide there mate
Got the frame ones for my Azonic off ebay as lots of bikes, Santa Cruz etc use generic ones, bit like the Hope hubs so a full set of 8 or was it 10, anyway, was under a tenner. I managed to get mine out with a lot of abuse but not back in so went to my friends garage. Bit easier with a shock as you can push all the way through which you cant with a frame, have to tap them out.
Nice job... i know where to come in future!!
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />