This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X01 cassette fitting
Looking for a bit of advice from anyone who has fitted a sram x01 cassette to the xd freehub. I'm probably just being thick but I can't see how it can screw on to the freehub as the splines that sit inside the largest ring stop you turning the cassette to tighten it. I'm guessing that the inner part of the cassette moves independently allowing you to screw it on, but can't seem to get it to turn. Is there a special tool that somehow unlocks this centre part? Instructions consist of one sentence!! and cant find anything on google. Any help much appreciated.
Just a standard Cassette tool works dude. I had to buy a superstar one as it had a thinner profile which fits over the 142 axle shaft.

Slot a tool in the grooves and it becomes pretty obvious Wink
OK cheers buddy, just wanted to double check that I didn't need a special tool. don't want to force it with the wrong bit of kit. Just tried it and with a bit of pressure the centre of the cassette starts to turn allowing you to screw it tight, kind of went with a bit of a pop so guess it was tightened up quite hard from new. All good now  ;D