This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shimano does 1x11
New Xtr kit. Doesn't offer quite the range of the sram 1x11 though which is a shame.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.madison.co.uk/news/11/04/14/new-shimano-xtr-takes-rider-tuned-to-the-next-level">http://www.madison.co.uk/news/11/04/14/ ... next-level</a><!-- m -->
Only 11-40 cassette, rubbish. I guess you could use a Sram 9-42 with a Shimano 11sd mech though.
Oh liking this, think there will be other companies offering after market cassettes to go with this with a bigger range. Main thing is the  derailleur will take 11 speed. Did wonder how long it was going to take for shimano to get this out.
A 11-40 cassette is good, they keep the close ratios. With the 40-42t cogs that are now available you loose the 17t, which i found to be very noticeable.
&quot;Buzz&quot; Wrote:A 11-40 cassette is good, they keep the close ratios. With the 40-42t cogs that are now available you loose the 17t, which i found to be very noticeable.

Have you ditched the 40 tooth now then? One Up supply you with another cog for free, think it's a 16 tooth to replace the 15, which is supposed to reduce the gap. Haven't read any reviews yet.
No still got the 40t, get up everything as usual round surrey. Ive done exactly what oneup now provide, i found a 16t xt cog and replaced the 15t, its miles better than before, im not sure i could have kept it with the 19t> 15t jump.
&quot;Buzz&quot; Wrote:No still got the 40t, get up everything as usual round surrey. Ive done exactly what oneup now provide, i found a 16t xt cog and replaced the 15t, its miles better than before, im not sure i could have kept it with the 19t> 15t jump.

Iv been digging on the net to get a 16t but not had any luck. Do you remember where you got it from. Thanks dude
&quot;Skid&quot; Wrote:Iv been digging on the net to get a 16t but not had any luck. Do you remember where you got it from. Thanks dude

One Up components are giving them away free with the 42's, and also said on their facebook page that people that have bought a 42 should email them and ask for a 16 which they will send you FOC. They will be selling them on their own soon, at the moment all their current stock is packaged with the 42.
I got it from rose bikes.
&quot;Buzz&quot; Wrote:I got it from rose bikes.

Thanks guys, as said I think I could live without it, it's just on the odd occasion that Iv found myself keep shifting up and down looking for the gear I want and not finding it. 16t should work a treat  ;D