This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat Nav
Morning All

I'm in the market for a sat nav, nothing fancy just functional and not for more then £100.

Whats hot and whats not?

Thanks Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
if you have a smartphone you can download a satnav app into it for around £30. Tomtom do one and Co-Pilot is very good. All maps are stored in your phone so no data charges, and it updates itself when it needs to rather than you having to connect separately to your PC. Just need to make sure you have an in car charger for the phone.
Tom tom satnav with a big screen, fair few in the under £100 mark, had a Mio before and it was pants.   Or as already said iv you have a smart phone the tom tom app looks good when iv been out with people using it.
Or for free, google maps is very good if you have ublimited data on your contract.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Or for free, google maps is very good if you have ublimited data on your contract.

And a stoooooooopid size screen to look at too........ Wink
"DaisyDaring" Wrote:And a stoooooooopid size screen to look at too........ Wink

Huge screen definitely comes in handy for that Smile And it's only stupid size if you have small hands Wink
If you go down the phone route save your data and the possibility of not having a connection on a phone try Navfree. You download the maps to your phone. Available for both Android and Iphones.
In my experience phone satnavs (the free ones like Google, Navfree) are less reliable and more likely to send you wrong than built in car satnavs. I've not found anything that is 100% foolproof though
"pittgoat" Wrote:In my experience phone satnavs (the free ones like Google, Navfree) are less reliable and more likely to send you wrong than built in car satnavs. I've not found anything that is 100% foolproof though

Google maps is pretty good as long as you have a good signal. I've been finding my way round 30 odd pubs in Brighton using it with no problem. Obviousely a proper sat nav is better but i still have 2010 maps on my garmin and they keep changing the one way systems seemingly on a dayly basis!
I'm currently using my phone however I don't have unlimited data and it kills the battery (which seems to be on the blink anyway but thats another matter).

I'll have a look at the TomTom app and NavFree on my nights next week.  Cheers for the replies all Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been