This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strava content - segments marked as hazardous
Anyone know what this is about or can tell me how to post a pic as I took a screenshot?  A well known descent on BBH has been marked as "hazardous" which essentially deletes it and won't show when you ride it!  It might have something to do with the segment having a bit of burned out car halfway down it!
I've seen this before - on an Oldbury segment; it finished on the road, after a fast down which is obviously dangerous.  May be same kind of thing, or perhaps it crosses another trail?
Anything which encourages competition where someone has injured themselves (badly), or has made a complaint about it I believe.  The decent in Oldbury is where the General broke his neck I think, that's why it's marked as hazardous now.  I'll happily be corrected if this isn't the case.  
The hazard has more to do with some happy souls placing obstacles, I am very keen to speak with these people.
"Lee G" Wrote:The hazard has more to do with some happy souls placing obstacles, I am very keen to speak with these people.

That won't achieve anything, they think we are all out to kill them!
"Avril19" Wrote:Anything which encourages competition where someone has injured themselves (badly), or has made a complaint about it I believe.  The decent in Oldbury is where the General broke his neck I think, that's why it's marked as hazardous now.  I'll happily be corrected if this isn't the case.  

I'll correct you :-)  That segment had many versions that were often marked as hazardous, long before the rock jumped out and attacked the General.
That segment is dangerous too. Lots of walkers, blind corners and lots of speed.
Anybody can sign up to Strava and put a marker on segment. Even walkers and land owners.
Is this bbh segment not the one that had ongoing issues with the land custodians?
As people have said, I think it's more to do with the paths that are used by walkers or are officially foot paths, which in all rights we do not have the right to ride but as most of us do they are removed from starve to stop people racing down them as much?
Only my guess though  Undecided
All you have to do is click the option and fill in the questions I believe. Try it on an obscure segment. I reckon it's automatic that it gets flagged.
"Blackers" Wrote:Is this bbh segment not the one that had ongoing issues with the land custodians?

Yes it is.  I've posted a little about this now on the BBH venues thread.