This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiggle South Downs Epic MTB
Quote:Wiggle South Downs Epic MTB - What is better than riding some smooth flowing single and double tracks on the longest weekend of the year? The three routes (39mile Epic, 28mile Standard & 17mile Short) showcases the best riding in the amazing South Downs.... Now in its 5th year and with over 600 riders attending in 2013, this Classic South Downs MTB event is a must do!

Sunday 22nd June 2014

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/events/wiggle-south-downs-epic-mtb/">http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/events ... -epic-mtb/</a><!-- m -->

Anyone thinking of doing it? Anyone done it? Worth £30? Good training for the Big Dog?
It's just a potential for me at the moment, not actually looked into if I can do it yet..
I might be interested in riding the route but not paying £30 for the privilege of riding on public trails. May download the route from their garmin connect page and follow that.

Yeah very similar profile to what the big dog will be like being just up the road so good training.
Yeah that is silly to spend £30 just to train for another race. We should be riding there a few times at least before the Big Dog, either persuading Breezer to show us round again Wink or with KT. I am very eager to do it again after last weekend in torrential rain and mud!
I might still consider it, 39 miles off road at race intensity will be something I'm yet to do. Was trying to find events as close to home as possible between now and the big dog, to gain more race experience, but nothing in Kent.
This is a sportive so wont be any of the argy bargy and tactics you get in races? Just buy a 2nd hand hrm and do a load of 1hr rides at 90-95% max hr for an hour at a time to replicate laps at the bbd
Different riding to the Big Dog on the SDW. It won't hurt to ride it but the SDW is all wide rutted tracks and the Big Dog has a fair amount of single track
&quot;sirromj&quot; Wrote:I might still consider it, 39 miles off road at race intensity will be something I'm yet to do. Was trying to find events as close to home as possible between now and the big dog, to gain more race experience, but nothing in Kent.

The Wiggle event is not a race. I can save you £30 by just joining me and KT on a ride that will not limit itself to the SDW bridleway!
Falmer and Friston have a lot more to offer than just staying on the SDW and a better training ground for tge big dog