This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK's flattest 50 miles
Mork & I wondered if anyone fancied making up a team of 4 for the Channel Rotary Bike Ride, the flat 50, from Romney March?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.channelrotarybikeride.org.uk/timed50.html">http://www.channelrotarybikeride.org.uk/timed50.html</a><!-- m -->
The details are here, and its for the Hospice again.
We need 4 people in a timed team event, and the timing stops after the third rider crosses the line.
Apply here:.........................
No CV required!!!  Tongue
As it's a week after the Divas, I'm not sure I could swing it!
But its only 50  miles..........and flat! Wink
&quot;cupcake&quot; Wrote:But its only 50  miles..........and flat! Wink

Ah, I meant requesting the time off! Otherwise I'd say yes.
Eurghh I'm busy that weekend. Would've been well up for smashing a team time trial.
Mmmmm......
Let me check with my social secretary & advise in due course Wink
Just signed up for this as solo rider, gonna do it with a mate. Wouldn't like to commit to the team of 4 timed ride. Fingers crossed it'll be a nice day, flat 50 should only take until lunchtime, and the start/finish point appears to be a pub. Pint and a ploughmans? Would be rude not to wouldn't it?
I'll be doing it with 2 others, but starting and finishing at Aldington to make it up to 100Km.. May see you along the route.
&quot;lotusandy&quot; Wrote:I'll be doing it with 2 others, but starting and finishing at Aldington to make it up to 100Km.. May see you along the route.

Crazy keen Andy, as ever... I'd be tempted but I'm now entirely aligned with the pub lunch element of it. We're going to try and hammer it out as quickly as possible though, 3 hours ish should be a good average speed for me, we'll see... I'll be sure and have a pint for you mate!
I am currently in discussion with 3 others about this, but its looking likely for the 50TT
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon