This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fowlmead Summer Sizzler - Race 1
The first of the Summer Sizzlers is taking place at Fowlmead this Thursday.. 7:00 o'clock start racing for approx 1 hr. Anybody going down to give it a go.
Just me & Tincs it is then
hmm tempting, url is http://www.riderhq.com/events/fowlmeadsu...ries-race1

I will see if I can get off work early, chuck the speed kings on and hope its dry heh. Bit like Bedgebury in that all seniors end up together I guess as the events are small. I normally only do fun class at Gorricks so get stuffed in these but would be interesting to see what the venues like.

Sounds like its the same format as Bedgebury, 1 hour then it finishes when the leader crosses the line after that as do you when you finish that lap. I ended up a lap down at Bedgebury.
Actually I wouldnt be able to as just looked at the map. At that time of the day it would take nearly 2 hours to get there, 90mins at the absolute min which would mean leaving work at 4 or before so I could practise etc. Let us know how this one goes and I will see about a future one and take the afternoon off if allowed
I missed the entry time for this, i am quite tempted to turn up on the day though... How much fun is it likely to be for a fairly fit biker who has never raced before, worth the effort or not?

Cheers

Rou
Might be up for this but i'm playing football between 4 and 5.  I guess that gives me a couple of hours to recover or seize up....  Pre-entry is open until midnight tonight and after that its only an extra £2
Theres a video clip on the Foulmead Country Park which leads you to believe that its not going to be as boring as its been intimated on other links about this venue. Personally I haven't got a clue as I've never been there... 1 hr of fast pace ridings got to be good for the legs no matter where it is..

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fowlmead.co.uk/sport2.htm">http://www.fowlmead.co.uk/sport2.htm</a><!-- m -->
I'm fairly keen now, having seen the video. Reckon it would be good to get some race experience before the 24/12... Will see how work goes as i am snowed under at the moment.

Oh and if i do go there will be no lycra on me!
This looks like the perfect event for first time racers wanting to get an idea of what its like...  go for it Rou and Nick...  the good thing is that when you do the others as the season goes by you can see how you are shaping up... if i weren't crook i'd be there... may even pop down to cheer you guys on...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I'd be up for it, but I'll never make it there on time :'(