This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please could I borrow...
Hi

I'm now committed to a big charity bike ride. It combines two of my great passions - cycling and cricket. The ride is taking in the "Big Six" cricket test match grounds, namely The Oval, Lords, Edgbaston, Trent Bridge, Headingley and finishing up at Old Trafford. Dates are 9-12 July

We're lucky enough to have a support vehicle and there are a few things we'll need to make sure we get the most of having it. Does anyone have that I can borrow:

*a rear mounted bike rack that would fit a Qashqai
*a spare rear wheel (unlikely to be used but just in case)
*a spare 10sp and a spare 9sp road rear mech (again, unlikely to be used)?

Anything else we should be thinking about carrying? Will of course have the usual toolbox and cables etc

Thanks!
A few questions.....

Does the Qashqai have a towbar that is bolted to the car - not a swan neck type?
Rear wheel - I'm assuming 700c fom the road mech request, but campy or Shimano Undecided
Are the rear mechs shimano, campy or sram?
Good questions as always sir

*no tow bar
*700cc Shimano wheel
*Shimano mechs

;D
Wow! just 3 lines erased all my possibilities........
Sorry Sad
Thanks anyway matey!
Ive got a 700c spare set of (metal  :X ) wheels you can borrow complete with tyres, just need a cassette put on. Im away this weekend, but quite happy to drop them into you one evening on my way home or something.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Ive got a 700c spare set of (metal  :X ) wheels you can borrow complete with tyres, just need a cassette put on. Im away this weekend, but quite happy to drop them into you one evening on my way home or something.

That would be great - thank you. I'm away this weekend too but I'll drop you a line next week to arrange something. Happy to come and pick them up
Ok drop me a mail and we can work something out. Perhaps, dare I say it, a ride!  Tongue
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
I have a front wheel you can "borrow".......
As long as you promise never to give it back Wink
I'm still after a rear mounted bike rack and spare mech if anyone can help? Smile