This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin Edge 200
I'm looking at getting a Garmin Edge 200.

Anyone got experience with these?
Any good?
You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up :lol:
I've got one, had it since February. I think it's great, but the only thing I can compare it to is using the Strava app on my phone previously.  No idea how it compares for accuracy vs the more expensive Garmins as I've never used one.

It's small, light, and for me, the battery life is good.  I logged about 6 hours of riding at Afan last Friday which used up about half a full charge.  Seems like a good value, basic device to me, all I want is to log my rides really.  Found the average speed reading very useful as it can egg you on to ride harder if you have a target in mind.
"dawg08" Wrote:I've got one, had it since February. I think it's great, but the only thing I can compare it to is using the Strava app on my phone previously.  No idea how it compares for accuracy vs the more expensive Garmins as I've never used one.

It's small, light, and for me, the battery life is good.  I logged about 6 hours of riding at Afan last Friday which used up about half a full charge.  Seems like a good value, basic device to me, all I want is to log my rides really.  Found the average speed reading very useful as it can egg you on to ride harder if you have a target in mind.

Thanks, sounds like its just what I'm looking for.
Can't really justify getting an expensive one but as you said I only want to log my rides and get the feedback from the Garmin website.

I'll order myself one now!!!!  Smile
You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up :lol:
I've gone old school & fitted wireless computers to both my bikes!
My phone + Strava does all data logging I could need, so the just want something to show time, speed, avg & all the other gubbins.
After all, we all carry a mobile phone with us on rides and practically all of them are smart with GPS these days.

Went for Cateye Strada Wireless on both, a 'slim' on the roadie.
Stupidly, the '2nd bike fitting kit' was only £4 cheaper than a complete thing (£26 vs £30), so now I have a backup if one dies too Smile
Funny, cause my whole reason for buying the Garmin was to avoid the "need" to take my phone on rides with me.  Yes it makes sense to have a phone with you if you're riding on your own somewhere remote, but for me, that's about 1% of the riding I do.

I even managed to fund the purchase of the Garmin by selling my iPhone 4 when I upgraded handset.
I went with a ForeRunner for tracking rides. Rather than have something that can fall of the bars or just sit in the bag. Highly recommend!