This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloody Mosquitos
So. After a brilliant afternoon in the local woods yesterday I have far more mozzie bites than I can ever remember; including one that makes my left leg look like it has a kneecap both sides.... :o

They are sooooooo itchy that I woke up a few times in the night.

Does anyone have a magic repellent they can recommend? I have tried various sprays before, however the latest advice is to take garlic tablets - this keeps them away apparently & I wondered if anyone else had tried them or has something better to recommend?
Jungle Formula?

I don't know that much but I think you are looking for a spray which has a high deet content? Undecided
I've heard the Jungle Formula comes in three sizes, small, medium and....

Massive!
Keep it foolish...
Yes, DEET is the only thing to keep the buggers at bay, don't get it on your lips though, you'll be numb.
Keep it foolish...
Marmite.
"Tom A" Wrote:Marmite.

But dont some love it and some hate it???  Wink

Avon so soft is what the DH people use at Fort William apparently.
I tried the Avon spay last year after getting multiple bites at Blean one night, I always use it now & have yet to get one bite whilst using it, great stuff, does smell of old ladies though!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://avonshop.co.uk/product/bath-and-body/skin-so-soft/skin-so-soft-original-dry-oil-body-spray.html">http://avonshop.co.uk/product/bath-and- ... spray.html</a><!-- m -->

Andy
Ride faster and stop breathing, they are attracted to your carbon dioxide. Only bite you when you stop.
&quot;Tom A&quot; Wrote:Marmite.

Really?? But I'll be all sticky......Undecided

Reckon most landed on my legs when I stopped playing to take some amazing puffy-cheeked air shots...

resim

resim
I too pull a demented grimace when trying to be rad. This does not sit well in photos of me because I'm about as rad as toast AND I'm pulling a funny face
Keep it foolish...