This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Childs helmet
I need a helmat for Zach, he's one so really still a baby but I want to take him out in the kiddies trailer. Any baby specific makes I should look into?
You're going to struggle to get a lid for a lad that small.
The smallest I ever found was 44cm - think that was a "Weeride" lid.

You'd also need to think about the little ones skull.  At one the skull is not yet finished hardening although the top probably feels hard by now.

fwiw we didn't bother with lids until they went on bikes on their own around 2 yrs.
In the trailer he'll be strapped in & your instinct will prevent you doing anything silly.
That trailer is very stable.  Zach, & Zach will be fine - all you have you to is convince Mum Undecided

Good luck Wink
Ash we bought Elsi (10 months) a lid and it fits just fine. I think its a 44cm and purchased via Amazon, a Raleigh. Lots of other brands manufacture helmets small enough to fit your wee man.  Enjoy.  

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kids-Helmets-Raleigh-Accessories/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A458383031%2Cp_4%3ARaleigh">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kids-Helmets-Ra ... %3ARaleigh</a><!-- m -->

Have a look here.
Well there's some more options there 8)

Maybe our little one had a small head, don't know.
Can't be small anymore.  Now she's 8 she knows nearly everything....... Wink
I'm going to measure his bonce later and then see if one of the recommended ones will be suitable. Sarah's not happy with taking the chance which is quite right i guess.