This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biking injurys. Don't look if squeamish.
Ok after today thought a biking accident tread would be a good idea Undecided
So first up is my effort at bike park Wales. Elbow and hip took the most impact. Wheel popped  out from under me on a fast landing to smack into big rock slab in the trail . And yes I was wearing elbow pads, although they were gform ones that aren't the thickest. And yes you could see bone and all tendons moving around nicely.
Big thanks to Merthyr Tydfil a&e for stitching me back together.  ;D
Man Iv a proper muffin top going on, looks like il fit in in ashford.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Wow. Ouch! Impressive work sir!
Your weard, i would not be smiling! Your bruising beats mine from Morzine last year already, that's gonna be some impressive colors in a couple of days! Hope you don't get a hematoma, and really hope you'll be ok for the Alps.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Your weard, i would not be smiling! Your bruising beats mine from Morzine last year already, that's gonna be some impressive colors in a couple of days! Hope you don't get a hematoma, and really hope you'll be ok for the Alps.

Hematoma is the posh word for a big bruise, so thanks Andy but might be a bit late on that one Big Grin
Il be  all good for the alps only ten days to go  ;D, but going to stay off the bike this week though.
Nice work. Looks a proper job you did there.
"General Sparks" Wrote:Nice work. Looks a proper job you did there.

I concur.
"Avril19" Wrote:I concur.

+1

If a jobs worth doing...
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Ha. Muffin top. Smile

Heal up fast dude! Glad to see you're grinning about it.

A for effort though!  8)
Nasty. Definitely will not be showing this one to the gf.
COUGH COUGH <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bike24.com/p244715.html">http://www.bike24.com/p244715.html</a><!-- m --> they come in green  Wink

If that bruise is that bad after a few hours, its going to be really bad in a few days. I may be wrong but a hematoma isn't the big bruise its self, its a big build up of blood under the skin that doesn't heel and can form into a solid lump that then needs surgically removing  :X