This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: SRAM Rear Mech for Spares
Ladies & Gents,

Whilst checking the indexing on my bike on Saturday at Mountain Mayhem the main spring in my 9 spd X0 rear mech snapped :o Undecided
The bike was on the stand & under no load at all, so we'll call that a lucky escape :Smile

Anyway, I was lucky enough to purchase an X9 to get me though the race, but clearly I lost several seconds a lap & numerous ponts of appeal as I'm now sporting an alloy cage rather than a carbon one Sad

So, is there anyone is sketchy land with a broken/unwanted/worn out Sram rear mech that they need a little help to clear out.
I'm only after the main spring & I'm not even sure I can rebuild it, so I'm not looking for a good mech.
I would imagine that X7, X9 & XO springs are all very similar, but it probably needs to be 9 spd.

Anything; anyone?
"Tinc" Wrote:Ladies & Gents,

Whilst checking the indexing on my bike on Saturday at Mountain Mayhem the main spring in my 9 spd X0 rear mech snapped :o Undecided
The bike was on the stand & under no load at all, so we'll call that a lucky escape :Smile

Anyway, I was lucky enough to purchase an X9 to get me though the race, but clearly I lost several seconds a lap & numerous ponts of appeal as I'm now sporting an alloy cage rather than a carbon one Sad

So, is there anyone is sketchy land with a broken/unwanted/worn out Sram rear mech that they need a little help to clear out.
I'm only after the main spring & I'm not even sure I can rebuild it, so I'm not looking for a good mech.
I would imagine that X7, X9 & XO springs are all very similar, but it probably needs to be 9 spd.

Anything; anyone?

I may have a old broken X0 9 speed, but the spring should still be intact.... i will have a look once home.
I believe the is a broken X9 in a hanging basket at the Glan Aber if you fancy a round trip? Wink
Mr Pool2e - Thanks.

Mr Goat - I like the thinking there.  I'm may be that way with work in the near furture & was contemplating a Penmachno ride.....
Think I may have chucked an X0 9sp one recently. Will have a look later
"pittgoat" Wrote:I believe the is a broken X9 in a hanging basket at the Glan Aber if you fancy a round trip? Wink

Big Grin  Big Grin
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"General Sparks" Wrote:Think I may have chucked an X0 9sp one recently. Will have a look later

You prommised that one to me but it never materialized Sad
"Treehugger" Wrote:You prommised that one to me but it never materialized Sad

You've promised me many many pints of beer for ALL the things I do for you, but none of them have materialised either boyo :Smile
"DaisyDaring" Wrote:You've promised me many many pints of beer for ALL the things I do for you, but none of them have materialised either boyo :Smile

But i thought lending you my bike for you to smash round the mountains was payment enough Wink
"Treehugger" Wrote:You prommised that one to me but it never materialized Sad

Oops, my bad  :B

I'll have a look.