This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FS OT:  1989 Yamaha FZR600
Right, I'm fed up with my garage & I want to get on with the projects I want to get on with; if you see what I mean Undecided

So I'm looking to off load some of my less interesting (to me that is) projects.
This is the first & I'm trying here first as I like it be finished rather than scrapped.

1989 Yamaha FZR600 - original version with twin round headlights is great condition for age except......
It needs an engine rebuild.
The engine is currently removed & dismantled.  I have a spare short engine for it & all parts are present except for 1 HT cap iirc.

This is a 11s standing 1/4 mile ; 150mph sports motorcycle that handled way better in it's day than most of it's contemporaries.
It is also a serious project for someone committed to the fun element or getting it back on the road.
It is not a quick fixer upper that you can rag round the local estate next week.
It will take time, a bit of money & you'll be doing it for love/fun rather than investment (just being honest.)

On the upside there's nothing complicated or expensive required & it comes with a manual ;D

It also comes with a full stainless steel Micron exhaust system with both road & race slip ons.
This is the only bit I want paying for & it owes me £150.
I can probably deliver the bike if you're not too far away, but I may need a hand loading it.

It looks just like this

So if anyone here fancies a challenge drop me a pm.
I'm happy to do look see visits or photos.
This is sooo tempting.
Seriously Undecided
I don't have you down as a motorbike kind of chap, but I'll happily be proved wrong.....

(If you are serious & concerned about the spannering, you, sir, are lucky enough to know someone who knows this bike inside out Wink)
Adopted by a new daddy ;D
Looking forward to this little project. Give me something to fill my evenings with.
Lol this has disaster written all over it Big Grin
"Breezer" Wrote:Lol this has disaster written all over it Big Grin

Definitely probably!
You need to Vlog this. Please  Big Grin
I'll keep this post updated with the impending disaster as and when it happens
Oh lol, please wear full body armour and a neck brace whenever you ride it!