This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What am i doing wrong...?
Had the new bandit built up all of 2 1/2 months and the forks and rear shock are going back to Fisher and mojo respectively for warranty repairs. Forks (new pikes) have developed a really annoying knocking over small repetitive bumps. Feels like a loose HS but its not. Rear Fox Float CTD has the CTD dial jammed in trail setting! This is where it stays most the time anyway and shock still functions perfectly but at less than 3 months old I want it fixed. Anyone else had problems with either of these or am I just unlucky?  Sad
Plenty of issues with Pikes, mostly around the negative air chamber 'port' being blocked with grease. I have heard a couple of reports of knocking but don't know the cause, i'd be interested to hear what they say.

As for the CTD lever.... mine gets stuck, no amount of effort/force/gentle wiggling would shift it, then another time it would move easily. Mine has been fine since having it Pushed.

So no...  your doing nowt wrong....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Muck gets under the lever, had it happen to me this weekend, small spring and ball bearing behind it snagged up, should be able to remove the lever and clean out, 1.5mm allen key or something, I had to make do with cable tying it in place at the weekend
Which Bandit is it?
I Usually swap out Fox rear shock for something else....
&quot;MobileBikeClinic&quot; Wrote:Which Bandit is it?
I Usually swap out Fox rear shock for something else....

Its the new 27.5. Shock seems ok, but I have gone from a HT... I'm only 74kg kitted up too so pretty light. What do you normally swap in?

Nigel, I will let you know what sram say!
The bandit 27.5 is a nice bike took our demo one to Wales on the new Cafel trail.
The rear shock was ok but I am 90kg+ kitted up
I used to swap out for BOS when we were the distributer
Fox shock back from Mojo on Wed fully fixed, they text me pretty much every day updating on progress and it was off the bike for less than a week. Very good customer service. The Pikes are still with Sram, no word from them to the shop or any indication of how long it will take yet, its been over a week now. Likely to be a while yet as sram wont deal directly with the customer so will have to send them back to the shop and then they will be posted to me....  Sad Two rather contrasting experiences so far.
&quot;matt07&quot; Wrote:Fox shock back from Mojo on Wed fully fixed, they text me pretty much every day updating on progress and it was off the bike for less than a week. Very good customer service. The Pikes are still with Sram, no word from them to the shop or any indication of how long it will take yet, its been over a week now. Likely to be a while yet as sram wont deal directly with the customer so will have to send them back to the shop and then they will be posted to me....  Sad Two rather contrasting experiences so far.

Is such a shame shram group won't let you deal with them direct, I waited a month to have it agreed that a reverb would be replaced under warranty, to then have to wait a whole year for me to get the new one. Total pain to have to talk to the bike shop for them to talk to shram for it to go back down the chain to me again. Madness i say  >Sad  
I would bug the bike shop
I deal directly with Fisher Outdoor UK who are sram & Rockshox at work & I have always been really impressed with their service but they do tell me they don't speak directly with the customer.
Finally got the Pikes back on Friday. Took nearly a month for them to fix which is a shame seeing as mojo turned the rear shock round so quickly. Didn't really get much feedback from Sram on what the knocking was. Just said oil leak, seals changed and full service carried out. feel good now though so that's what really matters. Just a bit long winded in my opinion and not enough interaction with the customer to update me on progress or how long it might take.