This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rewaterproofification
After getting wet again this morning on parts of my body that were covered up. I have realised my Altura night vision jacket and overshoes are in need of re waterproofing.

Has anyone had any success using spray on products like fabseal? Also don't know if it has any bearing but its never been washed, it does have washing instructions on the label but I have never done it.
I use that Nikwax wash stuff, worked pretty well on my things.
I too used nikwax, it seems to be ok but I don't know how breathable it will be
Keep it foolish...
Im still drying from this morning.

Luckily i can just accept im just going to get wet as i have decent drying facilities here at work. In the winter my Gore stuff seems to keep me warm even when soaked through.
Nikwax also. Wash in stuff for non-wicking lining stuff, spray on for stuff with wicking liners. Amazon do reasonable deals on it.
I've finally found a solution to wet feet that works. I have waterproof boots which are good in their own right, but have made some tight fitting ankle cuffs from scuba diving dry suit ankle cuffs bought from ebay.

They are a tight fit just above the ankle, but no water gets in the top of the boots now and it only cost me £8.
Thats the sort of thing i need Neil, its always the top that the water runs in from.
Have you tried putting nikwax on a pair of suspenders? No water would get in the top of them.  :o
This is how I ride on a rainy day...

resim

And it's all Redwinnie's fault.
Keep it foolish...
Very good but you should tell your friend behind you, he has his knee pads to low.

By the way fishnets will never be water proof, you need a much higher* denier.

(it may be lower, I have no idea)