This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setting sag on a full suss
Hi all,

Just got my first full suss and am a little confused as to the best position to be in when setting sag.

Do I sit or use the attach (ready position)?

Also any tips for not moving the O ring position markers as you get off to measure the sag. Its a 2015 Fox float 34 factory and a float ctd lv factory in the back.

Cheers

Antony
Seated for the rear, have your saddle dropped to help with the getting off without moving the ring and stood for the front, don't pull the front brake.

Remember to bounce a bit and then settle the rings.

Get someone to help, it makes it that much easier.

To set up the rebound i have the saddle low and I jump up and plonk myself down on the saddle, watch the shock. Start with it fast enough to rebound beyond the sag point and settle back, then slow it until it just returns to the sag point without going bouncing. Set the front to match the rear.
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
As above but remember to kit yourself out as you'd be on a ride - no sense setting sag in your pants then putting on 10kg of pads, lid, drink, flapjacks etc...
Thanks for your tips.