This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shock 'Push'ing
Right - new thread because its a slightly different topic to the other one which kind of drifted...

I know some of you have had forks PUSH-ed but has anyone had a rear shock done?  Is it worth it?  I've spoken to Mojo (extremely helpful) and TF Tuned (can only assume the guy had a hangover as he was a patronising git) and they both confirmed the squeaking noise in my shock is air in the rebound oil.

The remedy is to get it serviced but its not that much more to get it PUSH-ed.  Any thoughts?
I don't know for sure but i would be concerned that pushing the rear shock on the Whyte might upset the tune it has to compliment the frame....   need to look into it....  with a good design i'm not sure i'd push it anyway...   from what i can tell most off the guys who have had forks pushed end up with some little niggle or another....

I will hav a look and see what a service consists of as it maybe quite a simple process....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Nice one Nigel - fingers crossed there is a cheaper way to do it!
I wish I hadnt even had my pikes serviced let alone pushed as they are no different and still nothing compared to my fox's

You could give servicing your shock a try yourself as they are much simpler than forks, you literally just screw off the air can (remove air first!!!) etc, couple of new seals at a few quid and good clean up etc
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:I wish I hadnt even had my pikes serviced let alone pushed as they are no different and still nothing compared to my fox's

You could give servicing your shock a try yourself as they are much simpler than forks, you literally just screw off the air can (remove air first!!!) etc, couple of new seals at a few quid and good clean up etc

Id disagree on the pushing, i noticed a big difference.

Screwing the air can off and changing those seals isnt servicing the rebound compartment.
I was referring to my forks and my experience of them, I didnt say Push doesnt work for everyone.

I gave a simplified view of a basic service, changing the rebound oil is just another step, if Nick googles he will find guides online to do this.
Sorry to ask, but what is PUSH'ing?
Its what fat unfit people like me do with our bikes uphill

OR

http://www.tftunedshox.com/faq/push.aspx
I see, so its a tuning/brand?...

Thought it was some kind of method of something which made it act differently.
Well it is kinda, its the name they give to the modifications they make to the shock/fork, tftuned is the company