This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleen Vs Kingswood
Hi guys I live in Ashford and cycle at Kingswood just wondering if Bleen was any good and if it was as good as Kingswood or dare I say it better!  Undecided Smile
Yeah Blean is very good, tis my local spot and ride there most Tues and/or Wed, have posted a ride for tonight and tomorrow Wink I *think* i prefer it to Kings because there is more tight and twisty technical singletrack and hardly any fireroads, but i still love Kings too. It's easy to get lost in Blean and hard to find all the singletrack if you don't know where your going, so suggest you join us on a ride before going exploring on your own.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Yeah Blean is very good, tis my local spot and ride there most Tues and/or Wed, have posted a ride for tonight and tomorrow Wink I *think* i prefer it to Kings because there is more tight and twisty technical singletrack and hardly any fireroads, but i still love Kings too. It's easy to get lost in Blean and hard to find all the singletrack if you don't know where your going, so suggest you join us on a ride before going exploring on your own.

I would love it but I'm new, slow and learning so would slow you all down.
I prefer Kingswood. Not enough climbing at Blean plus I really like cream teas.
Both are fun though.
(although I last rode Blean about 4 years ago)
"Blackers" Wrote:I prefer Kingswood. Not enough climbing at Blean plus I really like cream teas.
Both are fun though.
(although I last rode Blean about 4 years ago)

You should come again soon before it becomes a bog again, there are lots of new bits since last time, and more climbing because you have to do the black route climb 3 times to do it all Wink

Ed- We were all slow once, some would say i still am! You only get faster by riding with faster people, so just come and join us anyway. It's not a race and we always wait for the slower guys to catch up, and even let you have a rest too Wink We've never lost anyone yet Wink
Blean has far more trails than Kingswood,with only a relatively small area without trails.Whereas Kings is much more limited and you need to use fireroads,wide tracks,to link whats there together.And the private part of Kings is quite large and has nothing in it.Blean has had plenty of new stuff added in last year or so and its easy to link it in to Dargate,Ellenden Wood,Clowes Wood and Thornden Wood.What Kings has over Blean is a better change of gradient.
"Treehugger" Wrote:You should come again soon before it becomes a bog again, there are lots of new bits since last time, and more climbing because you have to do the black route climb 3 times to do it all Wink

I've got my first night ride in 12 months at the weekend. If that goes well I'll try and get down for the evening ride soon.
"Blackers" Wrote:I've got my first night ride in 12 months at the weekend. If that goes well I'll try and get down for the evening ride soon.

Cool 8)
"Treehugger" Wrote:You should come again soon before it becomes a bog again, there are lots of new bits since last time, and more climbing because you have to do the black route climb 3 times to do it all Wink

Ed- We were all slow once, some would say i still am! You only get faster by riding with faster people, so just come and join us anyway. It's not a race and we always wait for the slower guys to catch up, and even let you have a rest too Wink We've never lost anyone yet Wink

You should definitely do this. I went on a ride with these guys and loved it (although it nearly killed me). They waited for us and gave ample warning of the double dropper bit. I couldn't ride down it then...but I can now!!

I prefer blean to kings and go as often as I can. Join sketchyMTB on strava and check out the routes.
"filthy" Wrote:You should definitely do this. I went on a ride with these guys and loved it (although it nearly killed me). They waited for us and gave ample warning of the double dropper bit. I couldn't ride down it then...but I can now!!

I prefer blean to kings and go as often as I can. Join sketchyMTB on strava and check out the routes.

I will soon my daughter has just got out of hospital so cant really do this week. But soon. Double dropper!!! I cant even to a single one! I've only done one dip that's about it lol I'm still nee and need to learn skills