This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commuting lycra
Morning All

Now that the nice weather appears to have shuffled off I'm going to start commuting again so could do with getting some tights.

I don't get on too well with bibs so looking for unpadded tights that I can wear over my usual liners, will keep me warm on the colder mornings without being overly sweaty as I tend to run hot  :X and dont cost the earth.  These look to be just the ticket but sadly aren't in stock and thought these could be a cheap & cheerful alternative.

So whats good in the world of lycra?

Cheers all Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Not sure I can be much help as I don't commute.....
I have had a pair of the DHB unpadded bib tights for ages & they are great.
I bought the fleece lined ones so can only wear them when it's really cold, well snowing really.

Quality for pound is fantastic, I'm sure they'll do you well.
You're welcome to borrow mine if it helps out as I won't need them for a while yet.

Besides that & until it gets cold I'd look at arm/leg earners if I we're you.
Really handy accessory that you can take off if it's warmer than you gave it credit for.
Again I have some you can try if you like.
I used a pair of Ronhill tracksters through my winter commuting last year, they are brilliant, not too skin tight like most cycling tights are, they are available in a variety of styles, I think I have got the classics.
You can get them from wiggle & loads of other places on line.
Alternativley Aldi had some really good ones last week for about 12 quid, worth a look to see if they have any left.

Andy
The Roubaix Vaeon DHB bibs are pretty good and will see you down to about 2 degrees, i guess the none bib versions will be more or less the same apart from missing the benefit of helping to keep warm round the kidneys. They show there limitation when it starts raining, the cold will go through.