This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock On Grips Installation
ok ive my DMR Loc'd on grips have arrived, the grip part of them fits fine, but as soon as you try and fit the bar ends there is an obvious problem Undecided, the bar ends/plugs will go in untill there is about 1cm left and wont go any further, am i doing something wrong ?

heres a few pics:
as far as it will go :
resim

bar end/plug :
resim
Ive had this, the internal diameter of your handle bar is to narrow for the plugs, get a knife out and thin the plugs.
The internal diameter of the bars Carrera bikes come with is narrower than most other bars. I also had the same problem, but me being me i just got some new bars Wink
i am not surprised andy!
some of us dont have the money to spend willy nilly andy Wink

ok thanks for that buzz, has been driving me crazy Big Grin

on a review kind of note, these grips feel amazing ... and at £6 you cant really go wrong, such a step above normal grips that end up spinning around in the wet  8)
Similar on my Inbred, hammer solved the problem.....use big pliers when you want to extract them
all is fine now, stanley knife and a lot of scraped off plastic Big Grin

cheers again
same prob on my giant jump bike, same solution too, nice scraping matey.
Keep it foolish...