This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another new frame
It is that fun time of year again where I get withdrawal symptoms from building things so a forum member has kindly agreed to pay my costs for building him a new commuter frame  ;D .

So far I have done the frame drawings, fabricated a few new fixtures for the frame jig and started the laborious jig set up.  The frame will be fabricated from Colombus Zona double butted tubing.  This is pretty high spec tubing designed for light weight but strong mountain and road frames.

Anyway, on with a couple of pics.

1. Frame draught

resim

2. Setting up the jig. (What a massive ball ache this job is!!)

resim

Not very exciting but that's it for now.  More updates to come as work progresses.  Most important thing to remember this time around - THE LEFT HAND THREAD GOES ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE BB!!
Still can't get my head around building a frame  :o has always been on my bucket list, but with no skill in anything needed to do it. Looks like the closest il get is one day paying someone else to do it for me. :B
Looking forward to seeing this progress, best of luck with the new project.
Fantastic stuff - I look forward to updates! Smile

I can imagine how fun this must be to do. I've done some Mig welding before - shouldn't have done it in flip flops....
Yes! Enjoy your threads Jon Wink