This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UKGE 2015 Series
Hold on to your hats! 2015 venues and dates are announced tomorrow! I'll update this with the details!

Having done one this year I highly recommend doing it!!  8) a brilliant challenge with a perfectly good excuse to get unusually competitive!
Here you go:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ukgravityenduro.com/ukge-2015-dates-venues/">http://www.ukgravityenduro.com/ukge-2015-dates-venues/</a><!-- m -->

Well up for this again was brilliant this year. Doing the whole series is completely out the question for me but would be very happy to get 2 or maybe 3 rounds in.  ;D
Rd 1   9-10/5/15    Triscombe  TBC
Rd 2   27-28/6/15   Grizedale
Rd 3   1-2/8/15      Ae Forest
Rd 4   29-30/8/15    North Wales  TBC
Rd 5   19/20/9/15    Hamsterly

Tongue
Cool.... Triscombe is the Quantocks area where they did the Enduro1 event.... It was errrr.. STEEP!  ;D

Interesting to see where the North Wales one will be!
I plan to do Hamsterley as near family, rode it last week as it happens.

Full face helmets for next year...I would have to carry xc lid for the transitions, would be annoying to crash, land on my back and damage it though...

I think one of the new Bell/Giro ones where you can remove the chin section doesn't classify/pass normal full face certifications so can't be used
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:I plan to do Hamsterley as near family, rode it last week as it happens.

Full face helmets for next year...I would have to carry xc lid for the transitions, would be annoying to crash, land on my back and damage it though...

I think one of the new Bell/Giro ones where you can remove the chin section doesn't classify/pass normal full face certifications so can't be used

Thought the helmit just need the eu kite mark thingy? Is it that the new chin remove able lids don't carry this? Interested as thinking for enduro they would ideal. Just thought they were happy as long as you had a lid?
There's a lot of talk going on at the mo about what will and won't be suitable. But there doesn't seem to be any clear definitions yet other than full faces are going to be mandatory.

It would be a pain having to carry two to not over heat but on some of the stages I've ridden a full Face is probably a good idea. Especially with with my valuable face assets. Big Grin
There are threads on the UKGE Facebook page. I believe "full face" helmets have further degrees of testing one of which is a penetration test (snigger) and the removeable chin section on the Bell (I think) has too many vents to pass this. I'm sure they will make it clear come next year when entries open. Definately need two helmets though if it has to be a permantent full face one else would pass out from heat! Would just be a royal pain/expense to have a gentle crash onto your back and bugger the xc lid strapped on

From what I have seen, this is a UKGE only thing so far
im up for doing atleast one of these  ;D are there any that people fancy more than the others? Be good to get a sketchy crowd.

Interesting about the helmets. There are a few companies making lids that fall in between a full face and a XC lid, like urge arci enduro, giro parachute and as said the bell R2. Hope they let these for use as there easier to pedal in on the stages and lighter to lug. Bell r2 would be brill with the removerable chin guard if it's man enough for the job Undecided
Triscombe or N Wales would prob be my preference location wise. Might be interested in Hamsterley too.