This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New bike time
My shock went yesterday, needs a new air can and a full service and it isn't really worth it.
It is now 8 years old and is a bit of a triggers broom (only original part is the chainstay) so in the new year I will be choosing a new bike

resim

This happened before on the last shock, I replaced the air can and it went again in 2 rides so i put a bargain new shock from bike discount on. Lasted 2 years ( though I have ridden the hardtail more) - I think it maybe the frame flexing causing it to side load the seal

Will break the bike down and upgrade my wife's bike
Just looked the code up on the shock and it was OEM for a Cube AMS130
As you've said a good excise for a new one, also bikes and parts have come on a fair way in 8 years. What you thinking of getting?
There is no massive rush at the moment as this time of year I tend to ride my Cotic Soul more.

I had a test ride a couple of months ago on a Whyte T130C-RS which I really liked - I was quite surprised as to how much bikes had changed in that time. My bike has been upgraded with a reverb and 1x

I like the look of the Rockhopper FSRs - really like that SWAT stash box. It doesn't have 1x12 though

Whatever I buy it will be out of date in a few months
I absolutely love my 130 mate, crackin bike, massively confidence building and far more fun than my XC hardtail.
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn) 
FAT is what all you need  Smile
Old frame all stripped. Parts being used to upgrade my hard tail and then the wife's one
resim
There are some real bargains about at the minute, been tempted myself.
What frame is that Paul? I see it's a cotic, but I thought they've only ever made steel frames?
Cotic Hemlock. They were made 2008-2010. 4" or 6" with different rockers.

Mine was a Mk1, the mk2 was 5 or 6" and had a tapered headtube.

https://www.cotic.co.uk/product/hemlock