This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Walk of Shame
Lovely day for a ride round Bedgebury...

Didn't quite end the way I intended though with a 1½mile walk back to the car. Sad

resim

I think it's safe to say it's FUBAR'd

resim
How did you manage that?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
It jammed up earlier in the ride & the chain slipped off the lower jockey wheel, but managed to find the cause & fix it, then going up the last hill in Starvegoose about 100m from the end it just exploded...

Guessing metal fatigue from the previous jam weakened it.
Unlucky there buddy.. still they say ride chain less for the win. Don't think it works to well around bedgebury though.
Turns out it was a blessing in disguise...

Turned the dining room into a bike workshop today and while fitting the replacement derailleur I got all the other little jobs that I've been putting off/too scared to do done too!

New shifter cable fitted
30t Oval chainring fitted
Replacement derailleur fitted
Brake hoses shortened & bled
Reverb hose shortened & bled

resim

Before:

resim

After:

resim

resim
Bleeding brakes/cutting hoses has to be one of those jobs we all put off till we really have to, then wonder why after they work/look so much better.
Nice fish tank to.
Yeah! I always shy away from jobs with hydraulics involved... then always wonder what all the fuss was about after.
i have not so fond memories of getting brake fluid all over the kitchen floor and myself as the syringe came away from the caliper..... Sad
Shimano By any chance deadpool? Great brakes but why they don't put a thread on the calliper end is infuriating.
Saints.....arrggghhhhhh