This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Surrey Hills Ride Today.
Awesome ride today! All over Holmbury & Pitch Hills

Achieved my target of putting together a complete run of Thick n Creamy without hesitation, looking a fool on the steep bit or missing out the drops! Room for improvement on the bottom section but for now I'm chuffed to bits! Also knocking on the door of a Sketchy Strava Group top 10 on there! Lol

My mate had more than his fair share of mechanicals... but it was nice for me not to be "that guy" this time.

https://www.relive.cc/view/841662454?r=ride

https://youtu.be/Bna3GFyKbC8
Thanks John, Iv never seen the relive before. Great way of seeing where you've been, would help in working out navigating and how to link things better after an exploring ride.
Also the vid of the drop on thick and creamy looks a lot smaller than in real life, awesome trail to get the heart rate up without even having to pedal. Looks like you've progressed on from the vids you've posted before, Nice work Mr
Cheers Skid, yeah! A year or so of chasing Nigel around has helped immensely. Still a long way to go before I'm ready for Rampage but happily progressing
Always found the people you ride with are the reason your riding improves. Iv great memories of trying to keep up with Nigel
, Mark and Russ these guys brought my riding on leaps and bounds. Still feel I'm getting better every year, it's the thing I love about mtb there's always something I could improve on.
Ditto, Mr Skid is now the one to keep up with....
Ditto 2 to that, i had no chance of keeping up today round Blean. Well done for doing Surrey on your own Jon, i don't even do Blean on my own any more. I'm ashamed to say i still don't think i could string a loop together despite riding there for over 10 years because i never lead, always following someone else!?
Ha! You say that now after I followed you round a dark Blean a couple a years ago!

It's taken a good 9 months of going to Surrey every month, keeping GPS traces from all the rides that Nigel lead me on & analysing them to death before I could confidently ride & lead at Surrey... even now I still make the odd wrong turn!
It's not a wrong turn, you're just exploring new possibilities Big Grin
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn) 
Of course!
Another cracking day today, just me 'n' my son Sessioning Pitch Hill!

Had a great time... till we went to Thick n Creamy to try the drops...

He bottled, pulled the front break... OTB'd at the drop & faceplanted from about 8ft up!

The bike's ok.

He's ok too, a bit bruised but got home in time to get changed & get back out on a train to Brighton to watch them play Ipswich.

resim

resim

resim

resim