This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surrey hills Sunday 26th Feb
The skids are riding a 25-30k route around Surrey hills this Sunday, it's a lot more hill than around here, and has some of the best trails of anywhere I've ridden.
Meet in the car park next to the holmbury YHA ready to ride 9:30.
Radnor Ln, Dorking, RH5 6NW
As I currently only have ½ a bike I don't know...

New bearings ordered so if I get them fitted in time I'll bring my son if that's ok.

He's more than capable of 30k in Surrey and don't worry about adult language ... he's 15 and can teach me a word or 2 Wink
Be good if you can make it. If not Surrey won't be going anywhere il keep popping some future rides, looking forward to riding with you both.
This is really tempting, but I think I'll let you guys enjoy this one without me. It's just the distance, I don't want to over commit myself and slow everyone else down. Give it a few more months.
No worries ched, be good to get you up there some point, il think you'll love it.
Afraid I won't be able to make it this Sunday.

Mentioned it to the Missus

Shouting happened

Some language that would make a scouse docker blush was used

I stopped listening, but I think the general implication was that she was of the opinion that I go there a lot and spend a lot on diesel and I don't spend enough weekends at home.

So I stood my ground like any real man would, said yes dear and moved away from the subject.
A good husband always knows when to agree, which is most of the time.
If a man speaks in the middle of a forest & there are no women to hear him...

Is he still wrong?
Good ride today, was ether very dry or very muddy the whole way around. but running great as always. Heads up to people riding northern monkey that the jumps have been made a little bigger, but still fun and made well.
https://www.strava.com/activities/880423619
Good stuff...

My bike's still out of action waiting for parts so I couldn't have made it anyway.

On a plus side a mate loaned me one of his bike's and took me to Friston yesterday so it wasn't all bad.

https://www.relive.cc/view/880275118

That's me that's just started following you on Strava by the way.