This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitch Hill Playtime (Surrey Hills) Monday 13th March
Dropped pin
near Hurt Wood
https://goo.gl/maps/BuwTjzSWNyo

51°10'22.9"N 0°27'26.3"W

Starting .....11:00 at Car Park 3 (Pitch Hill)
Finishing ....When we're done, or done in (whichever comes first)

Going up to Surrey Hills with some mates with the aim of playing on some of the trails that we know, as well as using Trailforks (or local knowledge if any is available) to sample some bits that we don't know so well.

Fairly loose plan with no specific route as such but be prepared for a day on Pitch, lunch in Peaslake, possibly venturing into Winterfold as some of the guys I'm with have never been over that way. We may choose to session some trails & generally have fun.

Expect trails such as:

Proper Bo
Curly Wurly
Capt Clunk
El Capitan
Barry Knows Best
Supernova
Thick n Creamy

And if we get to Winterfold perhaps
Evian
Twix
Northern Monkey
etc

(I don't know Winterfold very well so will bow to superior knowledge)

Any other trails in the area that local knowledge may dictate.

So far I've got 5 confirmed with 3 maybes coming up from Hastings area, so it should be a great sociable session of a day.

resim
I'm up for join you guys please John, me wife might come along (don't worries she's up to the trails Surrey can throw at you) but will only have just got back from winter climbing in Scotland, so depends how beat she is? I know most of the trails over winterfold but always bad on knowing the names.
(02-28-2017, 10:18 PM)Skid Wrote: I'm up for join you guys please John, me wife might come along (don't worries she's up to the trails Surrey can throw at you)  but will only have just  got back from winter climbing in Scotland, so depends how beat she is? I know most of the trails over winterfold but always bad on knowing the names.
Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you both.
Cheers Skid! Awesome day! We all had a great time, thanks for the guidance around Winterfold.

https://www.relive.cc/view/898856166
Great to meet you all today, thanks for organising it John was super fun day as always in Surrey. Shame Nigel didn't out the car park with bike gremlins destroying his rear shock.
Yeah ... big shame for Nigel, he'd have loved it.
Blimey, sounds like all had a cracker, apart from Nigel Sad
Get well soon lil shock Smile
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn)