This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't you just love it when...
Your cruising home in the sun after a long and tiring day, weather is not to hot, not to cold.. And you planning on gearing up and going for a proper ride...

Then you simply coaster off a 2 ft wall, your bike slips out of a gear mid air and you smash one of your knees on the top tube with a truck load of force and weight behind it.

Yep, seems I need to start wearing my Kyle Straights to get too and from work now!
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Your cruising home in the sun after a long and tiring day, weather is not to hot, not to cold.. And you planning on gearing up and going for a proper ride...

Then you simply coaster off a 2 ft wall, your bike slips out of a gear mid air and you smash one of your knees on the top tube with a truck load of force and weight behind it.

Yep, seems I need to start wearing my Kyle Straights to get too and from work now!

I wear mine to work...   just so i look hardcore!!

I'm working in the office.... getting some funny looks
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I often work from home - and wear them to work then too....

Can never be too careful.

Riding along a 2ft wall might have something to do with you coming off, Im not sure, but something tells that was the culprit......
Finishing work before 5pm was the cause and/or incorrectly setup gears Smile

I will be jumping off higher walls on tuesday, lets hope my recently rebuilt gears work now ive said the above heh. Was planning on wearing my kyle straights although I still cant see them doing anything other than protecting you from brambles, dont think they are going to fit under my jeans either so may have to wear shorts hmm
So you're doing a bit of Parkour(sp?) on the bike then Breezer?

Taking it to the "urban scene"?

Wicked bruv.... blat blat.....  8)
No idea what parkour is but I will be going out on a "street" ride which will mostly comprise of wheelies lasting no longer than a few metres, riding along walls and jumping off small things whilst constantly glaring and moaning at my friend who will be effortlessly manualling for as long as he wants before bunny hopping up onto the wall I had to climb onto.....still practise and different, Thursday will be downhill stuff at Rotherfield then xc on the downs on saturday
This reminds me that I was planning on buying some bigger flat pedals for my correct sized feet and now ive been paid, excellent
Parkour is that street running thing that all the kids are doing these days... in my day it was called running from the rozzers - but they seem to have made it fashionable with some french name........

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeqHj3Nj2c[/media]
oh right, no I disagree with running as you cant freewheel although I did race for an atheletics club when younger but only upto 800m, I will be pottering around on the Inbred instead