This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike Insurance
Does anyone have there pride and joy insured and is it worth it.
Yup mine is insured with m&s
3 bikes insured under my household contents cover. Definately worth it I would say. Main thing to remember is to read the relevant part of the policy wording to avoid future disappointment.
"Blackers" Wrote:3 bikes insured under my household contents cover. Definately worth it I would say. Main thing to remember is to read the relevant part of the policy wording to avoid future disappointment.

Are they only insured when at home or anywhere. I've heard that some policies don't cover a bike being in a locked car.
"leadbasher" Wrote:Are they only insured when at home or anywhere. I've heard that some policies don't cover a bike being in a locked car.

it varies from policy to policy. insurers usually exclude items left in plain sight in a locked car so some insurers might apply this to bikes. the exclusion is really intended for expensive electricals and the like which are very attractive to oppurtunist thieves which could be easily thrown in the glove box. depending on what the policy says it could just be a case of chucking a blanket over your bike.
Yes check T&C as mentioned above as lots require you to lock the bike to an immoveable object in the house and provide evidence of the broken lock etc
Had a look at a few sites on the web most of them want more security than my motorbikes. Key locks on house windows, five lever locks on door and chains big enough to hold a ships anchor.