This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hayfever
Hey,

Does anyone else suffer from the campest of ailments? I'm allowed to say that as I am a wingeing, snivelling wreck for several months of the year. In fact, I can tell when I have got gayfever coming on as it makes my sneezes sound really highpitched and wussy. As well as the fact I am crying. Anyway, enough wimpering from me, what do people take for this?

I have tried;

TABLETS

Loratadine
Cetirizine Hydrochloride
Acravastine

NASAL SPRAY

Beconase (beclometasone dipropionate)
Flixonase (fluticasone propionate)
Rhinolast (azelastine hydrochloride)

The sprays tend to give me a sore and weirdly lumpy throat, so I'm avoiding them. Does anyone have any good ideas or remedies that they have used? I have listed the active ingredients (drugs) that appear in the products. Many 'medicines' contain the same thing but under different trade names (Neurofen = £3.50 Vs. Ibuprofen = 39p).

If anyone hijacks my thread to call me a big wussbag then I challenge them to a bareknuckle boxing trackstand / wheelie competition in advance to see who the real man is. I'll beat you even with the sneezes, and I call Steve as backup...

In advance - MTFU  Tongue
Keep it foolish...
:'( i feel your pain mike, anyone who calls us woman ... well im 14 stone and 6 ft 4 tall  Smile

ive tried everything under the market then found a weird organic remedy cant remember the name but they just dissolved on your tounge and after a while it was bearable (still there but bearable), on the odd occasion this didnt work i always used to use benedryl(sp?) and that worked alright ... ive found though that each year a different tablet helps

reminds me ive go to get some eye drops ... otherwise me eyes will be leaking worse then my dogs mouth after it drinks (any lab owner will know what im on about!)
[Smartass] Technically the exact pollens from your area would be found in local honey, though there is an argument that local isn't that important as the specific strain of the plants/pollen isn't going to vary much, if at all, nationally. So, there is evidence (and proof via people I know) that 1 - 2 teaspoons of honey everyday can majorly relieve and even cure hayfever.. As quite simply the exact pollens that make you hazy, are entered into your body in a way that doesn't affect it.. And via magic or osmosis (I forget which) you either become resistant to it, or they simply don't affect you anymore.. [/smartass]

And yeah someone would probably think you can grow out of it.. Which you can, but it's rare.. And I've seen it first hand with near on 20 people that 1-2 teaspoons a day, CAN cure symptoms. Take my mother, 40 odd years of heavily suffering.. Take up beekeeping, has local honey religiously.. Does it affect her now? Does it f*ck!
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:[Smartass] Technically the exact pollens from your area would be found in local honey, though there is an argument that local isn't that important as the specific strain of the plants/pollen isn't going to vary much, if at all, nationally. So, there is evidence (and proof via people I know) that 1 - 2 teaspoons of honey everyday can majorly relieve and even cure hayfever.. As quite simply the exact pollens that make you hazy, are entered into your body in a way that doesn't affect it.. And via magic or osmosis (I forget which) you either become resistant to it, or they simply don't affect you anymore.. [/smartass]

And yeah someone would probably think you can grow out of it.. Which you can, but it's rare.. And I've seen it first hand with near on 20 people that 1-2 teaspoons a day, CAN cure symptoms. Take my mother, 40 odd years of heavily suffering.. Take up beekeeping, has local honey religiously.. Does it affect her now? Does it f*ck!

well i suppose im at a bonus as there is a place that sells homemade honey literally 10m from my house  Undecided
[hint mode activated]but where can I get some honey...[hint stop]
Keep it foolish...
Try washing your nose out with STERIMAR - sterile sea water... this will clean out all the junk and allow your natural defenses to work by catching the pollen etc...
"alkali" Wrote:[hint mode activated]but where can I get some honey...[hint stop]

Yeah alright! I never know when I'm going to see you, plus it's carrying the damn stuff!

"alkali" Wrote:well i suppose im at a bonus as there is a place that sells homemade honey literally 10m from my house  Undecided

Ah, but where is it made? It could be over 3 miles away, which means it's not as local as you could get, but it could well be the closest hives so worth a try.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Yeah alright! I never know when I'm going to see you, plus it's carrying the damn stuff!

Ah, but where is it made? It could be over 3 miles away, which means it's not as local as you could get, but it could well be the closest hives so worth a try.

the hives are about a 10 minute walk out the back of my house on a massive field  Big Grin
Ok guys here is my experience with hayfever.

Have tried all the afformentioned drugs and some more including steroid injections, which mask your bodies defences,  these can have side affects if taken year after year but DO WORK QUICKLY If your GP will do it that will be this year sorted ;D

Best long term action I took was to see a homeopath, they find out what you have an intolerance to (allergy) 90%+ of hayfever is linked to us eating a food type linked to the grass world, mine was wheat (favorite breakfast cereal at this time was wheatabix). The homeopath will get you to detox and stop eating the wheat/rye whatever, this takes about 12 weeks and during this time you cannot take any of the prescription drugs. Trying to cut out wheat was mega hard! No pizza, sausages, burgers, pasta or BEER (Vodka OK).

The effects of doing this were amazing, I lost 2 stone nearly in 3 months, and went from being a 8 hour a night log sleeper to a 4-5 hour raver and waking up better that I ever have, I ended up eating loads of red meat to get vitamin B12 (i think) to settle out the sleep. Energy and concentration levels were also improved.

All I do now every year form March onwards is just watch my wheat in take, but once you have done the inital detox things get easier. Curries from March onwards then..........

To sum up, probably missed the detox route for this year, but go and see a homeopath, wear sunglasses as much as possible, don't leave your clothes you wore all day next to your bed (they will be covered in pollen) and stop drinking milk based drinks at the moment as your body will just turn it into mucas.

Hope this helps fellow sufferers. Smile
Harden up you girls, or did the flowers make you cry...

Chuck Norris never got hayfever!

Wink