This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browser
I have just bought myself a netbook, after using my HTC Tytn2 to do most of my surfing for the last 18 months.  Thus this 10inch screen looks huge!

I have always used Firefox in the past, and Opera Mobile on my mobile, but does anybody here have a suggestion for a good quick browser that isnt going to eat my resources too much?

Cheers
People in the know use Firefox... accept no substitute...
"Legless" Wrote:People in the know use Firefox... accept no substitute...

Agreed. Ive used Firefox a lot. I just wondered if something else might be a little lighter... Opera or the Google browser for example.
"Blackers" Wrote:Agreed. Ive used Firefox a lot. I just wondered if something else might be a little lighter... Opera or the Google browser for example.

had a asus eee and found nothing better then firefox ... if you find the screen a bit small you can downlaod a theme for firefox which makes the icons etc super small Smile
Firefox is it then

Was reading this though so might experiment...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php">http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php</a><!-- m -->
at home i use FF but at work i use google chrome as the cookies are fooked on my installation of FF i'd recommend giving chrome a look
Out of interest (and i'm expecting a barrage here) - why is Firefox better than IE?  OK so my IE runs pretty crap and slow but i assumed that was down to my modestly specced laptop and basic broadband connection.  I know we all hate Microsoft etc but i also i know there are technical reasons why it is better - just wondered what they were.
&quot;pittgoat&quot; Wrote:Out of interest (and i'm expecting a barrage here) - why is Firefox better than IE?  OK so my IE runs pretty crap and slow but i assumed that was down to my modestly specced laptop and basic broadband connection.  I know we all hate Microsoft etc but i also i know there are technical reasons why it is better - just wondered what they were.

much faster and 20000000x more secure your literally offering your card details to criminals on a plate using IE ... i also like how much you can customize on it ... switch to it and be impressed Tongue
It just is.... It's always gettng updated, blocks sites and popups very well etc.

Was the first to introduce tabbed browsing which is awesome (although ie has it now)

There's a whole host of plugins for it, I've got one which allows you to download YouTube videos and other videos that stream online.