This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bexhill / Sidley BMX track
BMX track, sounds awful, trust me its not and it was excellent technique practise and a serious work out. Many years ago it held races there then eventually it fell into disrepair as bmxing went out of fashion but they started to rebuild it a couple of years back which was the last time I went there until this evening. Totally awesome! You would need a fair bit of skill to do anymore than the first jump on a 26" mtb but that didn't matter as the track was like one giant pump track! I did a couple of laps which must be 200 odd metres without a single pedal stroke! Frigging knackering but so much fun doing that and great for the technique! A number of the humps especially the last ones are so close that if you could manual through them it would even better.

There were a few young bmxers there doing some very impressive jumps and mad speeds, manualling triples etc and a few spoke to us and were fine. I tend to think of most teenagers these days as all being utter fools but all the little jumps spots ive been around locally including a few tonight, they have all been friendly. Probably helps being on a small jump looking bike, would probably get stoned if I turned up on the Zesty but that would have been awful round there anyway. The berms needed smoothing a bit but the jumps were all perfect and well looked after and all by the local riders as I heard some of them talking about repair and drainage work.

Had to take 3 shots to get it all in! I kept doing "just one more lap", finishing and nearly passing out, rested for a while then just one more lap heh. Started off not that quick with the front wheel lifting unintentionally when pumping over jumps to nailing it and pumping so smooth that my soft forks werent even moving according to my friend and flying along.

resim
resim
resim

Slow video from near the start of the playing but gives you an idea

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpfTKfN5w14[/media]
That looks fun! Looks like it was designed by the same guy that did the one near me as very similar. Must get over there again soon as i am sure i could clear a few of the doubles now after playing in the freeride park in Glentress.
Been similar to that for 15+ years with only the odd minor change, the last straight mainly. You would need a lot of speed but im sure some of them are doable but not by me. If no ones watching I might have a go at attempting to manual through a couple of the smaller ones but should probably learn how to wheelie and manual properly first on the flat lol
"Breezer" Wrote:Been similar to that for 15+ years with only the odd minor change, the last straight mainly. You would need a lot of speed but im sure some of them are doable but not by me. If no ones watching I might have a go at attempting to manual through a couple of the smaller ones but should probably learn how to wheelie and manual properly first on the flat lol
There is a couple of doubles very similar to those that Mark can clear easily and i got close to clearing about 5 months ago. I kept catching my rear wheel on the upslope of the second part, which threw me over the bars on one occasion! Might head over there on Friday for a play.
is that the one on the hill at herne treehugger? went there with mark a while back and mashed up my mech, fun tho and very hard work.
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:is that the one on the hill at herne treehugger? went there with mark a while back and mashed up my mech, fun tho and very hard work.
Yep thats the one.
Sidley dirt track is literally 2mins from where I live. I'd love to have a go round there again (used to go there all the time when I was younger), but I have to admit that I don't relish the prospect of all those kids on my lonesome. I walk the dogs past it daily, there's some gobby little shites there now, although they aren't all bad. I'd certainly be willing to give it a go if there were some other MTB'ers there. If anyone's interested in having a session there at some point I'd be glad to hook up.
Just an update in case anyone is interested, went to Sidley dirt track this evening. The track is very well maintained and it's completely smooth, well worth a visit if you're in the area, it's great as a pump track, and there are a couple of jumps to clear. No one was around while we were there, seems to quieten down after 7pm when the little tykes have been sent to bed Smile
Werent any jumps I could do before heh but I think they put some more in. Its good for fitness though as you can pump the entire track with no pedalling at all which is crippling as its so long. Theres a very short bit of offroad in the woods just behind it as well.
You can clear the first two humps from the starting line and there's a smallish table top at the same end as the start coming out of the berm, there's a few others which are probably doable, but it requires a bit more fitness than I have to hit them fast enough Tongue