This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD : Lay Back Seatpost
During a quick discussion with Breezer last night on the ride, I commented on how I would like the "cockpit" of the bike to feel longer so I have further to reach as I feel a little cramped at times.

He suggested a layback seatpost.

Without trying to spend stupid money on something I know I may not like, does anyone have one I can trial or have/buy to see if this helps me?

Any help welcome.
A few things might help your cause ie, what diameter and length.....

Benefits of a laid back post are a bit more effective top tube length and more weight over the rear wheel for traction

Bad things are less weight over the front wheel for climbs which can make it lift
I have a varity of seat posts, from layback to setback, if anything fits you are welcome to trial one...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:I have a varity of seat posts, from layback to setback, if anything fits you are welcome to trial one...

Thanks Nigel - I will measure mine in a bit.
Should be a 30.9 if its a Giant i think
I've got a post i "bent" in a crash, it is definitely a bit laid back now... wrong dimensions though it's 27.2...
My old giant xtc post didnt fit into the new Giant - so Im betting its the larger size - still to measure though as Ive got work to sort out first....
To resurrect this "post" - I now definitly want to get a new layback seatpost - having others confirm it usually kicks be up the backside to do it!  Wink

According to all datasheets from Giant, my post is a 30.9, giants official length is 350mm.

I cannot really part with £50+ for a new jobbie at the mo- I notice Ebay has a nice choice of Thomson Layback posts for fairly cheap though, I will also trawl STW.

Just wondering if anyone has anything they could offer for a rather skint and currently rubbish entrepreneur?  Wink
Mine turns out to be a 31.6

I'll keep my eyes peeled
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Just wondering if anyone has anything they could offer for a rather skint and currently rubbish entrepreneur?  Wink

Ill jump up and down at a dodgy angle on your current one till it has said lay back ? £10 should do Big Grin

Not helping really am i  Undecided