This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS Tracking Software for Windows Mobile
anybody got any suggestions? ive been using gpsed but its not very accurate and it stops tracking if the phone screen shuts down.
For just the basics ie speed etc like a bike speedo or for the purpose of logging routes? Cant help with the former but the latter you can get Memory map mobile or Viewranger both which work on windows mobile. EDIT: Viewranger is symbian

You will struggle to get more than 3-4 hours battery life though due to using the internal GPS. This is why I have a £20 one off ebay cable tied on my helmet with its own battery which I connect to via bluetooth on my phone and can therefore get about 7 hours out of it (gps lasts longer)
I'm going to get my hands on a Nokia N97 on Tuesday, anyone know if any mapping software will work on that?
Viewranger will http://www.viewranger.com/vrphonesupport.php  plus it will have google maps which can use the gps, hmm I wonder if someone has modified that so that it can log....
"Blackers" Wrote:anybody got any suggestions? ive been using gpsed but its not very accurate and it stops tracking if the phone screen shuts down.

Doesnt Memory Map do it? - and with the added loveliness of OS Mappage......
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Doesnt Memory Map do it? - and with the added loveliness of OS Mappage......

A little on the expensive side though isnt it? Or am I thinking of something else?
Expensive if bought, yes I agree....
"Breezer" Wrote:Viewranger will http://www.viewranger.com/vrphonesupport.php  plus it will have google maps which can use the gps, hmm I wonder if someone has modified that so that it can log....
Sounds good, if a bit expensive!
The alternative for a all in one GPS with proper OS mapping will set you back over £300.....
"Breezer" Wrote:The alternative for a all in one GPS with proper OS mapping will set you back over £300.....
Would that be as good as Garmin? Seems to have got a few good reviews. Only problem would be mounting the phone somewhere and waterproofing it.