This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
* Waves * I am one of those "newbies"
Hey, I am new, been lurking here for a little while, and see your all ride pretty local to me, in fact you go to blue bell hill, which I have been itching to get out on for a while.  

I am one of those lady riders, and I happily admit that I am very much a noob to this biking lark.  I wonder just how much patience y'all have for absolute beginners??? (btw... I may have had a little bit of alcohol,, so please excuse my spelling grammar etc!)

Anyhoo, Right now I have a full sus bike, aka the squeaker, it was a cheapy cheapy bike for me to test the water with, and I got hooked, so now saving for my new bike.  Anyway thats me, hi!
Welcome to SketchyMTB Sleepylea ;D

I hope we'll see you soon at BBH.....  and hic, I may have had a beer or 2 too..... Tongue

You'd be suprised how patient we can be...   they have to wait for me, after all Big Grin
"Sleepylea" Wrote:Hey, I am new, been lurking here for a little while, and see your all ride pretty local to me, in fact you go to blue bell hill, which I have been itching to get out on for a while.  

I am one of those lady riders, and I happily admit that I am very much a noob to this biking lark.  I wonder just how much patience y'all have for absolute beginners??? (btw... I may have had a little bit of alcohol,, so please excuse my spelling grammar etc!)

Anyhoo, Right now I have a full sus bike, aka the squeaker, it was a cheapy cheapy bike for me to test the water with, and I got hooked, so now saving for my new bike.  Anyway thats me, hi!

nice to meet you sleepylea ... you will have to excuse some of the ramblings on here ... believe it or not we do get out and ride our bikes !

hope to see you out on teh trails some time and meet you in person !

and ade (impished) ... im slower then you Tongue !
Hi, good to see we can eek some lurkers outof the woodwork!

Bluebell hill has some great riding for you, some of the best in Kent. I've just come back from there tonight infact.

How much riding are you doing currently?

At the moment I would say a good 90% of us main regulars are in some serious training mode as we are all entered into enduarance races or events coming up soon. With this in mind we may need to arrange a "noob" ride or something where we really do ignore the clock on a ride.

No offence to any noobs, but it's just awkward timing as I know some of the advanced riders will want to take off.

If you're already doing lots of miles then you should be fine.

Welcome and put your feet up, loads of utter rubbish is discussed and about once a day something sensible is said.
All these people drinking & Im sitting here working, albeit I can confess to a couple of glasses of wine & beer to help me on my way...

Hiya Sleepylea, Im up in Lordswood so feel free to join us on a BBH ride whenever you like, pace to suit, we can do quick & we can do slow.... slow I like  ;D
Looks like I have a fight on my hands for last place! lol

Gonna be a few months before I am out on bbh, need the new bike first, but will hopefully get to know you all a bit better on here first anyhoo.  Random chat/waffle/off-topic is fine with me, I usually wander off subject quite alot, I have goldfish memory...
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Hi, good to see we can eek some lurkers outof the woodwork!

Bluebell hill has some great riding for you, some of the best in Kent. I've just come back from there tonight infact.

How much riding are you doing currently?

At the moment I would say a good 90% of us main regulars are in some serious training mode as we are all entered into enduarance races or events coming up soon. With this in mind we may need to arrange a "noob" ride or something where we really do ignore the clock on a ride.

No offence to any noobs, but it's just awkward timing as I know some of the advanced riders will want to take off.

If you're already doing lots of miles then you should be fine.

Welcome and put your feet up, loads of utter rubbish is discussed and about once a day something sensible is said.
Or you could just linger behind the 'pros' with me and SteveT, while we try to work out why we're sooooo slow..... Tongue
"Sleepylea" Wrote:Looks like I have a fight on my hands for last place! lol

Gonna be a few months before I am out on bbh, need the new bike first, but will hopefully get to know you all a bit better on here first anyhoo.  Random chat/waffle/off-topic is fine with me, I usually wander off subject quite alot, I have goldfish memory...

thats always the good thing about sketchy ... there is always someone who has a similar pace to you

and BMJBOY ... this training, the cider and pizza im having now  :Smile doesnt count ? Big Grin
Don't worry, you will be behind me with all my punctures leading to me running with the bike although I nearly kept up with SteveT  Tongue  (in fairness he was hanging back for me heh)

Hi btw. I wonder how many more lurkers there are out there

edit: I had pizza and beer for dinner heh, washed down with strawberries for dessert then some fruit pastilles!
"Breezer" Wrote:Don't worry, you will be behind me with all my punctures leading to me running with the bike although I nearly kept up with SteveT  Tongue  (in fairness he was hanging back for me heh)

Hi btw. I wonder how many more lurkers there are out there

edit: I had pizza and beer for dinner heh, washed down with strawberries for dessert then some fruit pastilles!

i was scared the night monsters where coming to get me  :o and seeing as your bike was the lightest that was nearest to me it would of been easier to throw at them  Undecided

any other lukers want to say hi ? we dont bite  Smile